Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HMOTORSONLINE????

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HMOTORSONLINE????

So i call HMO yesterday to ask them a question regarding their B18C (TYPE R) motor. I want to know how much just the motor was going to be.

Well any who my question is there anyone else that has delt with them and has received the real TYPE R. I am just worried that they will send me a B18C (GSR) that has a type r intake and manifold and valve cover.?????

More or less how do i know that i am going to receive my legitimate motor from them.??

Has anyone else ever had a problem.???
Old 11-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HMOTORSONLINE???? (BIG T)

so what did they say that makes you unsure of their service? you posted that you called and asked a question, but you never posted what they said in response to you.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't be so

I recently bought from them and I am very happy with my B18c TYPE R. The swap was very clean and nothing was missing. The customer service is very good, too.

HMOTORSONLINE
Old 11-13-2007, 06:35 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

I understand your apprehension when ordering an engine - it's justified, believe me.

BUT!

HMO is one of THE most reputable, stand-up operations around, and my shop has gotten a few swaps from them and they were always exactly what they said they'd be.

If you want to check to see if you got a real Type R B18C here are a few points to look for:

Biggest and easiest difference between GS-R and ITR - check the cylinder head code located above the header/exhaust ports on the cylinder head:

I doubt anyone will go through the trouble of swapping a pretty red valvecover, intake manifold, AND a B16A head to make a Gs-r look like a Type R.

If you have the intake and the PR3 head, with the B18C block code it's very safe to assume it's a true Type R.

...and here's something to look for in the tranny to make sure it's an LSD tranny:

If it's a non-LSD (meaning non ITR since they all has LSD) tranny then there will be a metal bar/pin running diagonally through that open hole in the pic I posted.

Modified by B18C5-EH2 at 10:53 AM 11/13/2007
Old 11-13-2007, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HMOTORSONLINE???? (B18C5-EH2)

AH i guess your right about a the head i never thought about that
Old 11-13-2007, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Another thing Tom didnt mention..... GSR and B16/Type R..... not the same intake bolt pattern. So your idea of swapping intake manifolds cant happen. Ive had plenty of HMO motors come through and never had one problem with them at all.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HMOTORSONLINE???? (Luserkid)

really i always thought that were the same
Old 11-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: HMOTORSONLINE???? (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Another thing Tom didnt mention..... GSR and B16/Type R..... not the same intake bolt pattern. So your idea of swapping intake manifolds cant happen. Ive had plenty of HMO motors come through and never had one problem with them at all. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well I meant Skunk2 manifold - not exactly swapping an ITR Im onto the GS-R head. They look identical to most people, and can be gotten cheaply enough to "in theory" make someone swap one on to sell a GS-R swap at an ITR price.

The IM and valvecover would fool a lot of people, but there's no way around the cylinder head code. If someone goes through the trouble to swap on a B16A head onto a GS-R block, toss on a red valvecover, and buy a Skunk2 manifold and throw it on - all in hopes of fooling someone into htinking it's a real Type R swap - then they are wasting more time/money than if they'd just really sold an actual ITR swap.

Besides it's HMO - I doubt they'd ever try and dupe someone like that, really.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmotors is a legit site, they aren't scammers. I have done business with them and been very satisfied
Old 11-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah don;t S2 IM have bungs on the bottom of the IM for NOS ports.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I ordered my engine from them. Shipping was a couple days delayed because the shipping company got mixed up. After that was resolved, I received my engine to the east coast in 4 days. The motor has been running very strong ever since. Started right up the first time and compression was amazing. Clutch, flywheel, and flywheel bolts were missing, but a simple call into hmotors, and I received the missing parts within the week.

I did extensive research before purchasing my engine. HMOTORS is a legit company in today's world. I would definitely order from them again. Great customer service. to HMOTORS
Old 11-13-2007, 07:47 AM

i just got my motor from them, good customer service, the forgot a bracket with it so they sent it out priority mail to me the next day.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:51 AM
* B A N N E D *

Location: Running Round At Night In Los Angeles Like A Crazy, Veva Mexco, Veva Mexco
Default Re: HMOTORSONLINE???? (carloselpavo)

HMOTORSONLINE
Old 11-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HMOTORSONLINE???? (eggmygirl)

i've bought a couple motors from them and i've been happy with all of them.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HMOTORSONLINE???? (vegas hoe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eggmygirl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HMOTORSONLINE </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eggmygirl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HMOTORSONLINE </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eggmygirl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HMOTORSONLINE </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HMOTORSONLINE???? (eggmygirl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eggmygirl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HMOTORSONLINE </TD></TR></TABLE>

Another good word for HMO.

m-
Old 11-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HMOTORSONLINE????

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mario_D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Another good word for HMO.

m-</TD></TR></TABLE>

You get what you pay for
Old 11-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HMOTORSONLINE???? (rleonekc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rleonekc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmotors is a legit site, they aren't scammers. I have done business with them and been very satisfied </TD></TR></TABLE>

hmo is the **** when it comes to motors and stuff.. ive gotten alot of stuff from them, but they are pretty local to me, about an hour and a half drive so instead of shipping i just go pick it up, and everything has been top notch down to the eg6 muffler's i got from them a while ago
Old 11-13-2007, 12:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HMotors is the most reputable motor company on this earth IMHO. Nothing but top class super clean motors from them.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bejita)

This could very well become a Hmotorsonline vouch thread
Old 11-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ViSiONxBoY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ViSiONxBoY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This could very well become a Hmotorsonline vouch thread </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha true.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i've heard nothing but good things about HMO...
Old 11-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bmoua)

they have very clean motors! he always compressions tested and washed before he sends any motor out
Old 11-13-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: (g1itchgsr)

just bought a b16 sir 2 from them no problems at all great guy helped me gave me free sensors even after the warrentee was up
Old 11-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (sc95delsol)

ive bought 4 motors from Hmotors.

2 B16 swaps (one cable, one hydro)
1 B20 (motor only)
1 k20a swap

ive went a separate time to just buy a distributor. and recently i went up to buy an 99 spec ITR LSD trans and ITR flywheel.

i'll buy from them whenever i need a clean great engine.

when i call steve and tell him what im looking for, he quotes me a price right then and there and answers all of my questions. i tell him where i am coming from and he gives me a time when the motor will be ready. i show up, the motor is ready to inspect and i check it out. they have always been perfect. they load the motor up for me in my truck and tie it down too. they go back inside, grab the axles, ecu and other parts and bring them to me. and AFTER they loaded up my truck, they ask for the money. i love their customer service. they are not pushy at all even though they are always super busy.

buy with confidence.

Quick Reply: HMOTORSONLINE????