Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HKS HiPower Full-Catback Exhaust Review...pics & vids inside

Old 01-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS HiPower Full-Catback Exhaust Review...pics & vids inside

Not sure if this is in the right forum, but if it is, Mods....you may move it somewhere else.

This belongs to a friend of mine. Bought it from HopUpRacing.com for around $570 shipped. It took about 3 weeks to receive it due to Christmas days.

UPS came and dropped this off.

The good stuff...

It looks like it won't fit a 92-95 civic....

The muffler:

Another bling shot.

It's a 2.25" piping.

A pic of it on the civic coupe:

The full catback exhaust looks very well built with a dark gray coating all the way through. It has a bumpy touch much like the wrinkles on the OEM Honda valve cover (I heard it is rust-free). It's 2.25" piping makes it perfect for a N/A applications or a simple bolt on into a stock civic. The whole exhaust system bolted up from the catalytic converter and all the way to the axle back with no problem at all. Instead of going over the rear axle back like the oem muffler, the piping goes under and slant out under....JDM y0! It sounds really quiet compared to the Apexi N1 muffler, even with a test pipe on the civic. The muffler tip is also smaller in diameter compared to the N1. Normal driving, it acts like a stock muffler, but pushing it on the floor, it's quite loud. Performance-wise, we do not know yet at this point.

Here is a video: http://www.we-todd-did-racing....DE%3D

I would recommend this full exhaust system to anyone who wants a smaller muffler than the N1, with a deep tone daily driving and loud on the floor. Enjoy!

EDIT: Video link fixed!

Modified by handa at 1:12 AM 1/3/2005
Old 01-02-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: HKS HiPower Full-Catback Exhaust Review...pics & vids inside (handa)

Looks nice.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: HKS HiPower Full-Catback Exhaust Review...pics & vids inside (_Edge.ONE)

HKS is nice exhaust. I put a HKS catback on a G2 integra before, easy install and looked . Sounds real good and quite.

Slanted exhaust is the cleanest IMO.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: HKS HiPower Full-Catback Exhaust Review...pics & vids inside (_Edge.ONE)

damn thats nice
Old 01-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: HKS HiPower Full-Catback Exhaust Review...pics & vids inside (JSPECHB)

Is your video suppose to have well, video or is it just sound?

Kind of sounds like a lawn mower but deeper.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:18 PM

lol, I just cant understand how people can say that an exhaust even like that sounds ANYTHING near stock. Not even at idle does it come close to anything near stock.

No offense meant, just baffled at peoples inability to distinguish between tones and sound level.

Modified by jlacoy82 at 9:45 PM 1/2/2005
Old 01-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HKS HiPower Full-Catback Exhaust Review...pics & vids inside (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is your video suppose to have well, video or is it just sound?

Kind of sounds like a lawn mower but deeper. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hmmm it should have both video and sound.

I think the test pipe gave more flow to the exhaust, making the tone different. I wonder how it would sound on a stock cat.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HKS HiPower Full-Catback Exhaust Review...pics & vids inside (handa)

i dont understand how anyone can pay close to $600 for a catback exhaust... i just bought a replica apexi n1 catback off ebay for $240 shipped and it bolted up fine and sounds just like my friends genuine apexi n1 catback... i like it.. someone enlighten me
Old 01-02-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: HKS HiPower Full-Catback Exhaust Review...pics & vids inside (civichatch6989)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civichatch6989 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont understand how anyone can pay close to $600 for a catback exhaust... i just bought a replica apexi n1 catback off ebay for $240 shipped and it bolted up fine and sounds just like my friends genuine apexi n1 catback... i like it.. someone enlighten me</TD></TR></TABLE>

Does it slant and **** to?
Old 01-02-2005, 07:00 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I do really like that exhaust i had that on my other white eg hatch. looks just like the n1 up and out on an angle. looks pymp. sounds good too. lil loud but nice.. you paid wayyy too much for it though dude. fa sho you coulda found it cheaper by looking a little better. Right now im pymping my RSR exmag and i love it !!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HKS HiPower Full-Catback Exhaust Review...pics & vids inside (JSPECHB)

looks nice
Old 01-02-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: HKS HiPower Full-Catback Exhaust Review...pics & vids inside (itsJDMyo)

Is it worth all that money?? Looks nice, i wana get one of my own!!
Old 01-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HKS HiPower Full-Catback Exhaust Review...pics & vids inside (explictness)

video not working?
The following users liked this post:
Old 01-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HKS HiPower Full-Catback Exhaust Review...pics & vids inside (explictness)

nice looking exhaust, i've always liked the hks hi power
Old 01-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice exhaust. In the pictures, it doesnt seem like it hang as low as a N1. Thinking about getting this exhaust
Old 01-02-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: (black cx)

nice exhaust man!! looks good. i got mine custom and its a Carbon Ti not a high power, but basically same thing diff looks. here's wut mine looks like......did some fab work for the piping. and its also under lca, but with a bit of a "twist". haha. ill letcha see for urself

http://photobucket.com/albums/...3.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/...1.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/...6.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/...8.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/...2.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/...9.jpg
Old 01-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HKS HiPower Full-Catback Exhaust Review...pics & vids inside (99hatch)

always loved that exhaust...............
Old 01-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmm Might have to look into one of these.. the ol' n1 is getting busted up daily.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CharcoalEGG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CharcoalEGG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice exhaust man!! looks good. i got mine custom and its a Carbon Ti not a high power, but basically same thing diff looks. here's wut mine looks like......did some fab work for the piping. and its also under lca, but with a bit of a "twist". haha. ill letcha see for urself

http://photobucket.com/albums/...3.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/...1.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/...6.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/...8.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/...2.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/...9.jpg</TD></TR></TABLE>

nice job on the custom FAB, looks very good and flawless!

does it rattle under there? the first pic looks like it sits very close to the body of the car.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Electrician

I really don't think I can see myself spending $570 for an exhaust. A 2.25" Mandrel bent with whatever muffler you want will yeild the same power for half the price. But, if you like it, it's all that matters.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dimi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dimi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I really don't think I can see myself spending $570 for an exhaust. A 2.25" Mandrel bent with whatever muffler you want will yeild the same power for half the price. But, if you like it, it's all that matters.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im with you.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: (handa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by handa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

nice job on the custom FAB, looks very good and flawless!

does it rattle under there? the first pic looks like it sits very close to the body of the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

NOOOOOOOOOO rattle wutsoever. sometimes the bracket comes loose, but i fixed that now. nooo rattling wutsoever. sounds good. and thanks for the comments!!!!
Old 01-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CharcoalEGG)

hey, i got the same exhaust on my ej1

i cant tell you that this exhaust is my favorite out of every exhaust out there. The fitment is sleek, sound is harmonial(sp), and quaitly is top notch.

some ppl say buy 200$ ebay replica... how do you know your exhaust wont rust or crack from shitty welds? I've had my exhaust for about a year now, no rust, no cracks, nothing.

The only thing i could critque on the exhaust is the fact that it hates slammed cars. The pipe that goes under lca is a speedbump magnet.

here's some pics of mine:

Old 01-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (iGfrequency)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iGfrequency &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">some ppl say buy 200$ ebay replica... how do you know your exhaust wont rust or crack from shitty welds? I've had my exhaust for about a year now, no rust, no cracks, nothing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well i have had my $200 ebay catback for a WEEK now and nothing..haha, well we'll see what happens, my ebay ceramic 4-1 header is staring to peel

Modified by civichatch6989 at 2:59 PM 1/4/2005
Old 01-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (civichatch6989)

That exhaust is so sick, good buy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HKS HiPower Full-Catback Exhaust Review...pics & vids inside