Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

High CO2 Emissions Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High CO2 Emissions Issues

I've been waitin for my car for freakin nearly 2 months from my importer. It's an EG6 SIR2, and the guy says it's got these emission issues.
It used to have an Apexi VAFC2 controller hardwired to the ecu, and used to have a dual exit exhaust on it. But these have now been REMOVED.
The car was set up for track use in japan, but now sports a standard exhaust, but does have a 4-2-1 header.

Now my importer claims that he's removed the apexi controller, and he has REPLACED the cat converter, all the O2 and CO2 sensors, yet the car's emissions are still too high to pass the MOT.

He now wants to replace the ecu and start messin about with wires and stuff.
I think he's f***in about with me and he won't even give me money off the total price for keepin me waiting.

Still can you guys suggest anything else that may be the issue?

I thought remap....?

cheers for any help
Old 11-13-2007, 09:18 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: High CO2 Emissions Issues (EG6sir2seb)

i think you should get your car or your money back.. good luck if its not a scam.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: High CO2 Emissions Issues (PinoyDelSol)

something simialr happend to my friend and his suped up neon!he took it to a mechanic and they made him wait for 4 months meanwhile they stole his cams cam gears and all kinds of other ****,and charged his some rediculous sum of money!i think you are being had!your getting jacked for all your parts and he is putting them on his car.you should get your car back before he messes it up and jacks all your parts,and charges you! get your car and tell him your not paying him **** till you get all your stuff back!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:52 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: High CO2 Emissions Issues (BUDtoker)

im sorry, i must of read your forum wrong! but did you own the car already or did you give it to someone to fix your emissions problem? Because #1 if you bought the car online from someone across the world than you got scammed.. Best to do transactions locally.. And #2 if you do own the car and you brought it to someone to fix your emissions, than like BUDtoker said.. Your getting robbed for you parts.. Do something quick before you are left empty handed..
Old 11-13-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: High CO2 Emissions Issues (PinoyDelSol)

No you got it all wrong. the i spoke to a local guy that imports cars. I've seen the car and been driven in it. Just it needs to pass an emissions test before it can be registered for UK roads. I highly doubt i'm bein robbed because he's ordered me a carbon hood for the mistake of sayin it had a carbon hood on it, when it didn't. So i'm not that worried....
the problem i'm havin is it's taking forever for him to get the emissions down to legal.

read my post properly, and then answer...lol

the car has lots of standard parts....and he's an alright guy. Importing cars is his business and he drives a Volvo and a Nissan 200sx S14a...

All i'm tryin to find out is, even tho he's changed the cat, and the sensors, what else could be the issue?

the only mods to the engine that i can see are arc intake pipe, 4-2-1 headers, ignition leads, maybe plugs. Fuel and airbox are standard, but the car did have an Apexi VAFC2 controller, and in japan had a dual exhaust, but both of those were taken off. Now has a standard exhaust.
if the ECU was mapped to suit the upgrades, and now the car is more or less standard, would the ecu map be the problem? or spark plug clearances? or what???