Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

higer comp. pistons for d16z6.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default higer comp. pistons for d16z6.

ok, so im building a d16z6 and i'm new at this. My car is used as a DD. What is a good piston to get higher compression w/o a bore? i heard about pg6. Where could i pull it out from? Need advise.

What else could i do to build the motor? the cheapest way?

thnks!!
Old 08-06-2009, 03:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Re: higer comp. pistons for d16z6.

www.d-series.org
http://zealautowerks.com/dseries.html

i don't have any specifics for you, but the two links above should be a ton of help.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:37 AM

http://www.zealautowerks.com/dseries.html
Old 08-06-2009, 01:47 PM

do you know if is there any website where i can buy them? thnks
Old 08-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by youSOHC
do you know if is there any website where i can buy them? thnks
there is the marketplace here on Honda-tech.com. that's where i usually start when i'm looking for engine parts. if you can't find any, post a WTB (want to buy) thread in the appropriate forum. you can also try "for sale"/WTB forums on other sites if you are unable to find anything here.

i wouldn't think you would want to pay full price from the dealership... that would be outrageous!

otherwise, local swap meets... maybe if you have a good, active local Craigslist... i don't know of any retail sites.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by youSOHC
ok, so im building a d16z6 and i'm new at this. My car is used as a DD. What is a good piston to get higher compression w/o a bore? i heard about pg6. Where could i pull it out from? Need advise.

What else could i do to build the motor? the cheapest way?

thnks!!
oh, and for building the motor a mild cam/cam regrind and chip/tune should net some good numbers. especially with higher compression. if you don't already, intake/header/exhaust. having headwork done (port/polish, valve job, chamber work...) can get expensive if you aren't capable yourself, but beneficial.

that's the bulk of it, it just comes down to how much you're willing to spend in each area (ebay header: $75 shipped... Bisimoto header: $780, but proven!!) i find part of the fun in building is dreaming about some fancy part, then looking at the bank account and finding the cheapest available to get you by... then ending at some feasible median (sorry, i'll get off my soap box..)

using good tune-up parts makes a notable difference on a D16 in my experience. make sure you're using top quality ignition components, lubricants, filters... and so on so that you get your full moneys worth out of anything else you put on.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by hondamark35
oh, and for building the motor a mild cam/cam regrind and chip/tune should net some good numbers. especially with higher compression. if you don't already, intake/header/exhaust. having headwork done (port/polish, valve job, chamber work...) can get expensive if you aren't capable yourself, but beneficial.

that's the bulk of it, it just comes down to how much you're willing to spend in each area (ebay header: $75 shipped... Bisimoto header: $780, but proven!!) i find part of the fun in building is dreaming about some fancy part, then looking at the bank account and finding the cheapest available to get you by... then ending at some feasible median (sorry, i'll get off my soap box..)

using good tune-up parts makes a notable difference on a D16 in my experience. make sure you're using top quality ignition components, lubricants, filters... and so on so that you get your full moneys worth out of anything else you put on.
Thanks for the notes!! Got headers, intake for a start. hmmmm

Last edited by youSOHC; 08-06-2009 at 06:55 PM.