Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HID Xenon Conversion kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Xenon Conversion kit

Any of you guys got any pictures of your HID Xenon Conversion kit on your JDM Stanley headlamps? Any problems with it? Also, if you guys have either of these two brands (MeccaTune or McCulloch), let me know which you have and how is it. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:17 PM

Default Re: HID Xenon Conversion kit (TallAssFilipino)

I got H4 kit from Phillips and I had to get the H4 adapters from Casper's Electronics.

Now the beam patterns are not perfect but good enough, it took me a while to adjust them just right.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:33 PM

Default Re: HID Xenon Conversion kit (jmk2888)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jmk2888 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got H4 kit from Phillips and I had to get the H4 adapters from Casper's Electronics.

Now the beam patterns are not perfect but good enough, it took me a while to adjust them just right.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Philips were one of my choices before, but they didn't give enough length on the wiring harness to the bulbs. I wouldn't be able to bolt them down anywhere near the headlamps because of other relays and other things I had there.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:08 AM

I have a McCulloch HID kit for use on my 1990 Acura Integra, of what generation I have no idea (new to this). Anyway, I didn't have any problems installing, except for the fact that there is not much space to put the ballasts. I just zip-tied them to any existing holes and then made sure they wouldn't move much.

On the performance side, they aren't bad. You can definately see the improvement over halogen bulbs. The only disappointment I have is with the non-HID housings, which do not spread light evenly. I played around with the horizontal and vertical calibration screws to find something I liked. In fact, I am looking for a housing that is made for HID that will fit in my integra. Oh yeah, I am running 6000K bulbs, 9004. If you want pictures, I can send them.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: HID Xenon Conversion kit (tetran)

to tetran - don't know why you are posting in the eg+/del sol forum j/k

your answer is either way it will be a complete custom job

your lenses are fluted - which will distort the light beam & pattern of the HIDs

no one makes HID headlamps for you application but you could make some by purchasing aftermarket projector headlamps, taking them apart & installing some OEM (bmw,audi,benz) HID projectors - this will provide the best out put cutoff IMO

or you could purchase some aftermarket projectors (with broken tabs - to save $$$) take them apart to use just the clear lense on you OEM headlamps...on top of this to make the beam pattern even better you could install some OEM HID (non-projector) reflectors but I don't know which would be short enough (in height) to fit without some serious modification (since DA's have relatively short but long headlamps)

MOST IMPORTANTLY are you running any sort of casper shields - these will help greatly in cutting down blinding excess glare. see here
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=457095
these are the one's from casper electronics (to my knowledge only available in h4 - but many have made there own from soda cans or similar material) & BTW these run along the BOTTOM of the bulb - which cuts light off reflected up high (above where you want your cut-off)
Old 09-15-2004, 09:12 AM

Default Re: HID Xenon Conversion kit (adirondackR)

Yeah, and I wanted to use them with my JDM headlamps. But unfortunately, there were never an HID kit for the 5th gen's at that time so I'm stuck with the lines. And I'm not into them aftermarket projector headlamps for the 5th gen'.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TallAssFilipino &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any of you guys got any pictures of your HID Xenon Conversion kit on your JDM Stanley headlamps? Any problems with it? Also, if you guys have either of these two brands (MeccaTune or McCulloch), let me know which you have and how is it. Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you have an eg - look into getting euroclear lenses...much better than the flutted lenses you have, which are not good for HID glare & reflection. Here is a good thread by Apex i ITRw/pics https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=639146

make sure you kit comes with some sort of casper shield. The shields I linked in above post are for OEM HID d2s/d2r bulbs ONLY & will not fit kits that are rebased for h4 applications (like the kit you purchased)

here is my H4 hylow kit from http://www.hid-online.com (same as Apex i ITR)
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=644430

EDIT - just realized your looking for info on H4H hid kits
archive topics, limit to eg+/del sol forum "JDM hid"
also
archive topics, limit to eg+/del sol forum "JDM hids"

you can also try replacing "JDM" in those searches with "h4h" to see if you get any different topics
Old 09-15-2004, 10:01 AM

Default Re: HID Xenon Conversion kit (adirondackR)

how much does it cost generaly to put together a decent set up?
Old 09-15-2004, 10:31 AM

Default Re: HID Xenon Conversion kit (mugensport9)

i got a pair of hids h4 mcallough and there isnt much room to put the ballast so i just did the same **** the guy a couple threads above me did.... zip tied it and just put some silicon on the back of it for extra protection and i just put them lower in the eg so u wont be able to see it.............. but as for the beams on stock stanley head lamps, i just adjusted the head lights and i got them perfectly where i want them so i can see...
Old 09-15-2004, 12:28 PM

Default Re: HID Xenon Conversion kit (LOOKALIKe_eh2)

retrofit with valeo projectors and u will be very happy. Check out HIDFORUM.com. They talked about it and give u alot of info. But the site is down right now due to some one who has no life and hacked it.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:31 PM

Default Re: HID Xenon Conversion kit (LOOKALIKe_eh2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LOOKALIKe_eh2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got a pair of hids h4 mcallough and there isnt much room to put the ballast so i just did the same **** the guy a couple threads above me did.... zip tied it and just put some silicon on the back of it for extra protection and i just put them lower in the eg so u wont be able to see it.............. but as for the beams on stock stanley head lamps, i just adjusted the head lights and i got them perfectly where i want them so i can see... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Which Stanley headlamps? Both USDM OEM and JDM OEM are Stanley's. Also, did you have to adjust your headlamps at any extreme angle? How do the lamps look just looking at it from the front of the car?
Old 09-18-2004, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im trying to do a setup for my 99 any help/guidence would be appreciated