Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HID Kit/Intake Suggestions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Kit/Intake Suggestions!

Just to let you guys know, i am low on $$$ so please help me save as much as possible. I need reliable but great options. Thanks

1) Looking to upgrade my headlights to an HID Kit. Just wondering whats a pretty good kit for my EJ8. I was thinking of 8000k-10000k kit with blue bulbs. What brand is good? and where can i get them for a good price.

2) Thought about getting a intake so i can get a better throttle response. Want to know whats a good set up for my Y8. Again, not planning on spending a lot. Suggestions please
Old 04-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HID Kit/Intake Suggestions!

SEARCH

/thread
Old 04-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

short ram intake... and take a look on ebay for the hid's!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are the ebay HID's even reliable? Im afraid to buy them and have them not work in like a month
Old 04-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

then spend the real money to buy ones that WILL work in more then a month.

but ebay that SRI.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I and a few of my buddies have bought sets from ddmtuning dot com they are nice, i have the 55w in 10k, very nice.

as for intake, i bought mine from ebay, but i bought it in sections, 3"x12" piece of aluminum tubing, 45 degree elbow, blox velocity stack w/ filter... i also bought a throttle body (omni power 70mm and it sounds awesome but, your motor might not need something that large.

Good luck
Old 04-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have the one off of ebay that cost $40 on my GSXR and they work just fine. super bright and i've had no problems
Old 04-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

make sure you have warranty on the ebay parts!!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Trial User

Just purchased an AEM short ram intake. Is this a decent product or should i return it and save up the money for the K&N setup. Parts store said that they're virtually the same just different in price and how much i would brag when i open my hood. haha. Have a '96 Civic EX with SOHC 1.6
Old 04-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

honestly short ram is what a lot of people like to use and k&n well its a better product because of the intake filter it uses short ram is common and its not that much to brag about but its better to brag about a short ram then a stock box intake
Old 04-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For HID kits, www.ddmtuning.com
Cheap and come with warranty.

Lots of people love the kits they sell. Other places probably sell the same thing, but I and others I know have used them without issue.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

man with ebay you can always leave feedback and get your money back!!! i remember over 5 years ago when you wanted HID"S you had to pay roughly around 200 for a pair that came off some benz or bmw and then spend like another 80-100 to get them custom fitted!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To do an HID setup correctly you need to do a Retrofit. Using a PNP kit will scatter the light all over the place and blind oncoming traffic, with the light scattered its not really on the road where you need it. This will be even worse if you have the factory halogen flutted lense.

Do a retrofit and you will be much happier and so will other people driving around you. Get projectors off a car that came from the factory with HIDs such as some Acuras, S2000, etc.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes i agree with the above.

go to ddmtuning paid 44$ shipped to my house got here in a week. and i got 8000k there white i love them
Old 04-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What set up should i get?

Oh, is that TspNY Brand of HID kit's pretty good?
Old 04-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by burnykawizzle
short ram intake... and take a look on ebay for the hid's!!!
Um,NO. Do not listen to this man.

Ebay hid's are very well known to be doa (dead on arivel), besides that, they dont have a warranty, and are most likely my in tiwian. Sure they are cheep, but at what cost to you? Getting a bad kit, and haveing to buy a new one? in 3 weeks a ballast or light bulb goes out?. In either situation it's going to cost you more money, that could have just gone a bought a quality kit. Hell, ddm tuning is only like 40 bucks for a kit, with a life time warrenty.

With a 8000k and 10,000k kits, you're putting a considerble amount less light on the road then with a 4300k or 6000k. you will also be drawing a lot of attension to your self. Hid's are illegal, and blue is also illegal.

Also sri's arent that good, i have one with a k&n filter and it still sucks, alot of noise with **** for added power. they suffer for heat soak, something a cia wont do as much. Leave it stock with a good filter.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not all ebay kits are cheap!!! ive seen kits more than 40 bucks and 40 bucks is cheap!!!! you gotta do your research on the hid's i was looking into buying hid's for my projectors but my projectors cant withhold the hid heat...and talking about dont listen to this man you gotta full of cow manure because i have found ebay hid kits with warranty its all about who is selling AND IF YOUR WILLING TO READ THE WHOLE DESCRIPTION 40 bucks is cheap for a hid kit and ive found kits to be near 100 on ebay.... 98civicdx... your just being cheap about your car ima laugh if tomorrow you have hid problem and then you find out you can get a replacement from the buyer who sold you the hid
Old 04-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Master Detailer

Haha sir you are funny, Ebay kits, which i do have experience with are complete trash. I have seen, held and used, both expensive and cheep ebay kits. The expensive kits, are re-labled cheep ones.
Yep you bet, I am being cheep about my car, yet I buy quailty parts the first time around. I know i can get a replacement for the person i bought it from. Now please quit runing your mouth, your making your self look like an idiot.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:30 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I will sell you mine for $100 installed but never used, dont drive my car at night
Old 04-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah okay... you think you know so much about hid's... im sure your company buys bootleg hid's and relabel it also they just test it... hence on why you say its life time warranty have your hid's gotten messed up yet???? my friend bought some hid's from a place on the internet and they were bootlegged as hell... 5 weeks ago they went bad so i sold him the one ive had storage that i once had on my car that came off a benz and its better and it still works after years
Old 04-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95...item2306c60964 oh look at that... that ebay company has 2 year warranty i thought ebay companys dont have warranty on hid's like youve been saying if they go bad you can still get a replacement so just stop while your ahead
Old 04-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Master Detailer

God, you really are ****ing stupid, You basicly made my point for me. Your friend bought cheep *** hids, that i bet you told him to buy and they went out after a very short time of use.

There is a deffinet quality difference between cheep aftermarket parts and oem, That's why everything oem costs a arm and a leg.

One problem after over a year of use, the light went. Called the company and a new bulb was overnighted to me, free of charge. The ddm tuing kit has a lifetime warranty, several people i know, have them, for years without any issues at all.

Clearly sir i know quite a bit more then you do, so please step away from your keyboard, your thread jacking, and making your self look very stupid.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Master Detailer

Originally Posted by burnykawizzle
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95...item2306c60964 oh look at that... that ebay company has 2 year warranty i thought ebay companys dont have warranty on hid's like youve been saying if they go bad you can still get a replacement so just stop while your ahead
ok, cool. You found a kit with a warranty. Having a warranty doesnt mean anything, you could have a issue with it, and the seller could say, Im sorry blah blah your kit is out of warranty or for what ever reason is voided.
You think just because they say it, they are going to honor it? you are sadly mistaken.
I am ahead, and i dont plan to stop....
Old 04-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Brandeezy1
Just to let you guys know, i am low on $$$ so please help me save as much as possible. I need reliable but great options. Thanks

1) Looking to upgrade my headlights to an HID Kit. Just wondering whats a pretty good kit for my EJ8. I was thinking of 8000k-10000k kit with blue bulbs. What brand is good? and where can i get them for a good price.

2) Thought about getting a intake so i can get a better throttle response. Want to know whats a good set up for my Y8. Again, not planning on spending a lot. Suggestions please
EBAY IS CRAP. warranties are useless in this day and age, koni offers lifetime warranty on their struts and they wont replace mine.

go to the honda-tech marketplace, they have kits for $60[low beam hid, high beam halogen] or $90 [bi-xenon].

and, you dont order a kit and put blue bulbs in. the ballast makes the bulb burn at a hotter level, making the light change in color. 8000k is medium blue, 10000k is deep blue [although i believe 10000k is illegal in some states, not sure tbh]
Old 04-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Master Detailer

Hmm, well thank you for assiting in hopefully shutting this guy up.

In most states 10,000k is illegal, but on the same level so is 8,000k.
Hid's are illegal in all states, so you could get a ticket just for having them. But before i get flammed for saying that. I want to add, some states wont really bug you, WA for an example doesnt mess with you to much, but others may be different.

Quick Reply: HID Kit/Intake Suggestions!