Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   HID Bulb Question - one bulb doesn't work after a rain (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/hid-bulb-question-one-bulb-doesnt-work-after-rain-2979540/)

Wrona 09-14-2011 06:43 PM

HID Bulb Question - one bulb doesn't work after a rain

so today i drove my car all day with my HID's on as i usually do every day and got home turned them off when i turned them back on 20 mins ago it was night time and it has been raining and it never did this before one light the driver side went out.. its raining right now like i mentioned earlier so i cannot check if its the bulbs fault but the HID's aren't some PNP kit they're from a M3 BMW with a retrofit projector

could it be just a bum bulb or a relay ??

Jdmbryan 09-14-2011 07:04 PM

Re: HID Bulb Question

Probably the bulb blew, if not your relay got wet and you'll need a new one.

Wrona 09-14-2011 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jdmbryan (Post 46019561)
Probably the bulb blew, if not your relay got wet and you'll need a new one.

i hope its the relay more than the bulb but my relay has been messed up for a while ill inspect the bulb tomorrow and see if its the relay i can get it at Radioshack but bulb ugh i either have to go to BMW to get these 4300K bulbs or order them that means i have to drive my integra at night time which i cant see d*ck while my audi is being rebuilt

thanks !

Auto Design 09-14-2011 07:09 PM

Let me know when you need a pair!!!

Wrona 09-14-2011 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Auto Design (Post 46019587)
Let me know when you need a pair!!!

how long does it take to ship usually and how much for 4300K bulb?

Auto Design 09-14-2011 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wrona (Post 46019660)
how long does it take to ship usually and how much for 4300K bulb?

PM sent!!!

Wrona 09-14-2011 09:59 PM

so as i thought my bulb is not the problem i think it might be a tear in my harness or my relay got moisture into it because i just went out to get my Gear for work and i decided to flash the high beam and turn on the lights just out of curiosity and it works... idk ill resolder my harness peices tomorrow and go get a new relay since mine is kind of torn up because it rusted

Wrona 09-17-2011 06:41 PM

Turned out to be my ballast Philips LVQ212 ballast but the weird thing is that it has water inside of it but barely any but still has water and i dont understand why because its a German Made Ballast when i pulled it apart one of the little chips had water on it and i cleaned it off is there any posiblity that it will ever work again or do i have to buy new ones

Former User 09-18-2011 07:27 AM

Re: HID Bulb Question - one bulb doesn't work after a rain

In the future, please place simple tech questions directly with the thread title. --edited