Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Hi, new user looking for help.

Old 10-04-2004, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi, new user looking for help.

Hi guys, I'm new here and I was looking into possibly getting another car after the spring. A lot of my friends frequent these boards so I though you guys could be of some help. Right now I have a SR powered S14 I am slowly learning to drift, but I don't want to go too crazy with it and keep it as a daily driver. I want a project car to learn on and build it up to AutoX, but I know turbo and AutoX don't go together too well so I probably will not be using my S14 for that. I would prefer a RWD car, but another 240 would be the only car I could afford and a N/A KA build seems too tedious to me. So, I was thinking of getting an EG (because they're newer, less problems with rust than an EF) to do all this, but I'm still open to recommendations. So, anyone have any recommendations on what suspension set ups work well and what motors work well? I'm thinking of a B20 for the torque rather than the ever popular B18Cs. However I don't know if the extra displacement is from stroke rather than bore can someone clarify this for me? I'm still unfamiliar with Hondas, so if anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ears. I'm not one of those Nissan guys that look down on Honda guys just because the mainstream "ricers" ruined it for all you true performance enthusiast. I know what Hondas are capable of doing, so I hope you guys don't look down on me because I'm trying to learn. ;]
Old 10-07-2004, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hi, new user looking for help. (rLAspecS14)

a b20 with a b18 head would work very well.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:28 AM
EK22snatch

Default Re: Hi, new user looking for help. (JDMallTHEway)

might i suggest looking through threads in teh AUTOCROSS SECTION if youre looking at making an autox car. makes sense doesnt it???