Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Hi

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi

Moderators move, delete, lock this if you see fitting.

Its time for a new begining. Why here? Because Im a hatch guy and want to stick with them.
My Story:
I used to have a beautiful EG6 (yes a real one)but lost it because of many complications.
I feel dumb trying to hang on to what I used to have and need to focus on whats new and now.
Time to start off new because all I have is parts minus the car. So pretty much nothing. Seeing other peoples nice cars is very depressing because what I have is jack ****.
So hopefully sometime soon Ill be able to start a new project, have something to show for my hard work and soimething fun to drive.
Thanks for reading.
Ben.

P.S. Do I want a cooking or something? NO so be nice

Modified by func-tion at 7:42 PM 10/26/2003
Old 10-26-2003, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why did you lose it? did it even make it to the states?
Old 10-26-2003, 04:29 PM

Default Re: (EGEESIX)

This is my second post out of five so I got to make them worth while.

Never made it to u.s. soil.

Due to one guy stealing my money and wasting over a month of my time. Court date nov 5th.
And then by the time I found a new legit shipper he couldint put me in his schedual soon enough so my power of attourney expired and was forced to sell the car or have it crushed.
I opted to sell it for dirt as long as the new owner would send me some of the parts that I went through hell and back to get.
So now I get a package in the mail every now and then.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (func-tion)

Sorry to hear about this man. I hope you get all the parts that you want in the mail.. for not giving up.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:58 PM

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

im new too
Old 10-26-2003, 06:17 PM

Default Re: (weapons)

that blows but dont let it get u down, just take this time to plan ure new project
Old 10-26-2003, 06:39 PM

Default Re: (Si_vtec_43)

Post 3 of 5
Enjoying fng status. Maby I shoud make some bs posts. Like "my car is making some noise but I dont know what it is can someone help" and not describe anything. hehe jk

Nothing is in stone but this is what im thinking.
The next project is going to be swapped cx with gsr brakes. That about rounds out the major stuff without going into too much detail.
Some of the odds and ends I allready have so it will mostly be major stuff.

Once I ream this guys ******* out in court, that money (2k) will be divoted to the project.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't worry about the trial user thing. It'll go away eventually. I would suggest a VX hatch to begin with. It is already pre-wired for VTEC and is very light as is the CX. If you are looking for a "nicer" car, grab the SI. Some of them come with ABS, sunroof and even power lock/windows.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:48 PM

mmmm...if i knew that i would get into honda's so much when i bought my civic i would go back and get a 97 hatch instead.

gunmetal rims, tight suspension, keep the thing clean.

where i'm at now i've spent so much money on parts that i really don't want...it's going to take a lot of back tracking to get my coupe up to how i want the thing.

do it right the first time, don't rush into it like i did.
Old 10-26-2003, 07:06 PM

4of5

My daily is a '92 si that is pretty mint for a car with 130+k miles on it. but it has a sunroof ac and an interior that I would not want to tear out. That car is going to remain stock because it will get stolen if I do anything to it.

I do like the abs option from the performance I felt in other cars peticulary my friends ef8 wich is a 230 hp beast equipped with aem big brake kit front and rear. But thats weight to me this car will live in the back yard and only be driven on the weekends and at the track just like it would be if I still had my eg6.

The reason I opted for the cx was because it lacks a sunroof and power steering from what Ive read. Its not going have anything not even a heater.

The vx would be a good option because I have no experience wiring but from what ive read its only 2 wires or something for a b-series right? Or if I get the wiring harness for with the engine that would be it.
Does it (vx) come with power steering?
Old 10-26-2003, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The VX weighs next to nothing, and can be picked up pretty cheap. As lnog as you are looking for a track car, I would buy the most beat shell that you can find. I honestly can't promise you that the VXs won't have PS, because I have a 97 hatch, which is a DX, but has no power steering. All 92 hatches ARE pre-wired for VTEC, so it should'nt be that big a deal.

EDIT: And if you run into any problems in your quest to build a track car or swap in a B series, search this site or ask someone on here!! There are some VERY knowledgeble people on here that are more than willing to help!
Old 10-26-2003, 07:11 PM
HT White Ops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (phreakmang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phreakmang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mmmm...if i knew that i would get into honda's so much when i bought my civic i would go back and get a 97 hatch instead...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Interesting comment! I love my '00 CiViC coupe, so don't get me wrong, but if I had it to do again, I would go with a '92-'95 hatch. Hell, I might do that anyway, so I 'feel' his pain...

Sorry to hear about your troubles, n00b, but every cloud has a silver lining. Sounds like you have a good attitude, so it'll all work out for you, I'm sure.

BTW, where the hell did you live, where they got 'crusher laws' on such new vehicles???
Old 10-26-2003, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlackDeuceCoupe)

wow BDC.. nice to see you came back to HT
Old 10-26-2003, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Interesting comment! I love my '00 CiViC coupe, so don't get me wrong, but if I had it to do again, I would go with a '92-'95 hatch. Hell, I might do that anyway... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I kinda thought the same thing when I was looking for my car, but bought a 97 hatch instead of a 92. I never have regretted it. I like the Eks interior 10000 times better than the EG and would never go back to an EG.
Old 10-26-2003, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i wish I had gotten a hatch instead of a coupe
Old 10-26-2003, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wish I had gotten a hatch instead of a coupe </TD></TR></TABLE>

See, I have a Hatchback and want a 4door!!
Old 10-26-2003, 08:12 PM
ERA

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

See, I have a Hatchback and want a 4door!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I second that....
Old 10-26-2003, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i wouldn't let if car is pre-wired for vtec or not be a deciding factor on if u should get a vx or cx... that seriously is not hard at all and takes about 30min at the most.

i would keep the Si hatch, they're rare and a nice hookep up Si hatch is always a good thing to see. those "heavy" luxury options are nice to have, that's why they are luxury. i would love to have a sunroof. what does it weigh an extra 50 lbs at the most. slowing u down about .05 seconds in the 1/4mile...

keep the Si hatch
Old 10-26-2003, 08:34 PM

5of5
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
BTW, where the hell did you live, where they got 'crusher laws' on such new vehicles???</TD></TR></TABLE>
I used to live in japan and was in the navy. When a car is left derelict on base they have the junk yard pick it up regardless of contents or age. Usally they get picked apart by people on base before it is taken but that is pretty much how ive seen many cars meet there fate.

Im sticking with the 92~95 hatch platform because I have parts that will only work on it or a dc2 chassis and im not getting a teg.
EK's do have nice interior but it doesnt make much of a difference when its gutted with racing seat(s).
When I get my project car it will have been my 3rd hatch.

And im tapped out till tomarrow.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Doesnt the military ship for free??