Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

hi

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi

hey guys. i'm new to the board
(and iono where else i can post this so decided to post it here. sorry if it's in a bad place)

but recently started getting into cars. currently driving an IS300 my mom bought for me
but i'm saving up and hoping to buy an EK (just cause they're that cool) in about 1.5-2 years when my bro starts driving and i'll hand him the IS

just wanted to say hey to all my fellow honda/ek lovers out there
Old 11-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hi (likquidpopx)

welcome to H-T, you're off to a good start by admitting your mom bought you the IS300 instead of pretending like she didnt.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: hi (forcefedferio)

x2 Anybody willing to give up an IS300 for an EK is cool with me. I have Honda in my blood but if I ever got my hands on one, it would be a keeper.

Post up the EK when you get it.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IS300 to an EK

What a downgrade.

Wow, I'm speachless, ricers anonymous.

PS: I'll trade you my ******* EK for the IS300.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good stuff. I'd like to see how you intend to bring a an EK up to your standards, having had a fancier car first. I hope you're not disappointed, it'll be a project for sure. Welcome to the site, you ought to find some good inspiration here, but never let go of what makes a car look perfect to you, and never, ever, ask H-T what wheels you should get or any **** like that.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hi (BlackoutVTi)

Dont let people turn you down, My family all drives mercedes ( they work for mercedes) and they wanted me to get one, but i picked a ej1 coupe over it. your young like me, have fun.

and dont let people make you change your decision, get what YOU want.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why in god's name would you save up your money to buy an ek so you could give away your is300? that makes absolutely no sense. but, do what you want i guess.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Goddamn. If my parents had handed me a luxury sports car and I sold it to buy a Civic, they would have killed me in my sleep. Be grateful for what you have. If you really want an EK, save up and get one. Do NOT sell your sweet Lexus for a Civic and a handful of parts just to make a loud-*** 14 second car. Please.

Research a LOT before you make any decisions. Please GOD, do not sell that car and do not buy a Civic. Live vicariously through your friends who didn't have a sick car handed to them.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackoutVTi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good stuff. I'd like to see how you intend to bring a an EK up to your standards, having had a fancier car first. I hope you're not disappointed, it'll be a project for sure. Welcome to the site, you ought to find some good inspiration here, but never let go of what makes a car look perfect to you, and never, ever, ask H-T what wheels you should get or any **** like that. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldn't have said it better myself. Between you and Syndacate, you took the words right out of my mouth. I can't wait to sell my ek (of course I've got my bike, so why would I care about it), and if the op wants, he can have [the car]. Don't get me wrong, I like Honda's, but I would take a Z06 over a gutted, 9 second hatch any day. Then again, I would get rid of all of my cars to get the GT-R coming to the states too

In any event, welcome to the site and good luck with the buy. Oh, and make sure you read lots of posts and use the search and FAQ's. They will save you a lot of hassle.

-Shane

-Shane
Old 11-06-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Re: hi (nighttrain33)

thanks for the welcomings
but there's no way i'm selling the IS for a civic haha
said i'd hand it to my bro when he starts driving
and if i ever needed to take a girl on a luxury date
i'd just use it

yeah i'm just a 19 year old full time student working part time
and man gas is expensive and not to say insurance is also

civic would save me some gas and money

just wanna see what i can do with an ek hatch (if i can get my hands on one)
cars are simply like art

lateriser: for sure i'll send a pic of the ek when i get it
Old 11-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by likquidpopx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for the welcomings
but there's no way i'm selling the IS for a civic haha
said i'd hand it to my bro when he starts driving
and if i ever needed to take a girl on a luxury date
i'd just use it

yeah i'm just a 19 year old full time student working part time
and man gas is expensive and not to say insurance is also

civic would save me some gas and money

just wanna see what i can do with an ek hatch (if i can get my hands on one)
cars are simply like art

lateriser: for sure i'll send a pic of the ek when i get it </TD></TR></TABLE>

Giving it to your bro is the same as selling it.

Though thanks for the sig material, ricer.

PS: I got a hard time believing they bought you a Lexus IS300 and you pay your gas/insurance.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Goddamn. If my parents had handed me a luxury sports car and I sold it to buy a Civic, they would have killed me in my sleep. Be grateful for what you have. If you really want an EK, save up and get one. Do NOT sell your sweet Lexus for a Civic and a handful of parts just to make a loud-*** 14 second car. Please.

Research a LOT before you make any decisions. Please GOD, do not sell that car and do not buy a Civic. Live vicariously through your friends who didn't have a sick car handed to them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Amen on that, man, cherish what you have, be happy that you have what other people want (and that's NOT A HONDA CIVIC). ****, I wish my parents bought me a nice azz car like that, but they didn't? Why? B/c neither of them have the $ to, probably, without jeopardizing other assets anyways. Your parents had the money to buy you a car like that and you basically tossed the $ in the fire. Forget the fact that you just dropped like 15 pegs in my book, but you should learn to live with what you have, especially if somebody gave it to you like that. Whatever, I can't make you do anything, even though if you were here I'd bitch-slap you.

BTW: You can PM me later when you give away your IS300 to your brother, and buy your "EK hatch which is incredibly rare and hard to get your hands on" (Meanwhile they ******* grow on trees), and later later down the road when your trans is acting up, and you can't figure out why your car's not running right, and you're pissed off because you have rust spots that no body shop wants to expletive with b/c even they tell you it's not worth it worth of ****, and once all that happens, then somebody breaks in to take your ECU or some ****, or once you try to take it to a mechanic to get 15k in work done and they ask if you're feeling okay and advise against putting that into a decade and a half year old car - once all of this crap happens and you're pissed off as hell, you can go IM me again, to tell me I was right.

Though I don't know what the difference is, your parents will probably buy you a Venom 1000 to compensate for all your pain and suffering through that car, so you won't have learned a damn thing.

Modified by Syndacate at 12:40 PM 11/6/2007
Old 11-06-2007, 08:43 AM
GO GIANTS!

Let the kid do what he wants.

Look arould here dude
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1100448
Old 11-06-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: hi (Syndacate)

dude syndacate calm down a bit. you think i'm some spoiled OC kid? not really. parents just bought the damn car off a relative for cheap and handed it to me when i started driving. didn't even know i was gonna be driving this thing. thought i was gonan drive the van or something. (yeah parents drive toyotas when they gave me a lexus) hell i didnt even know what the IS was when i got it. but everyone around me kept asking if i was rich or if my parents are rich. we're just some average family. i'm keeping the car in the family. i know i'm fortunate to start off driving with an IS. heck, i've been through a lot with this car. it's an AWESOME car for sure. i'm not here to shove it in anyone's face that my parents gave me an IS or anything. i'm not some spoiled OC brat. i'm just your average teen who's down for trying different things.

hondaman - thanks for the link
BlackoutVTi / vlc92189 - thanks for the encouragement

Modified by likquidpopx at 6:00 PM 11/6/2007

Modified by likquidpopx at 10:52 PM 11/10/2007