Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do?

Old 02-27-2003, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do?

yea i might buy a new honda civic coupe and are there any engine swaps available for it? and if so how much would you estimate it would cost tranny/engine and all that needed to do the swap?
Old 02-27-2003, 12:25 PM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (Sheer Teror)

why buy it if you`re gonna yank the motor immedietely and void the warranty? think. Just get something with some ***** to begin with.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (vtecvoodoo)

why buy it if you`re gonna yank the motor immedietely and void the warranty? think. Just get something with some ***** to begin with.
id listen to the voodoo on this one

adaM
Old 02-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (Sheer Teror)

You must have money to be wanting a swap on a new car. Well you can actually put a DC5R or EP3R engine in one a new civic coupe. Hasport has mad it possible but it is cost a sh*t load of cash. I think it was in one of the Honda Tunning magazines and if I remember right, they said it will cost around $12000 to $15000 for everything but not sure.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (STEALTHMODECOUPE)

cause my friend can only afford a civic right now and hes gettin it and hookn up the looks and audio then saving up for performance so thats why i wanted to kno should of said that in the first place
Old 02-27-2003, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (STEALTHMODECOUPE)

its a noobie...
he must've seen the sneak preview to fast and the furious 2 and 3
Old 02-27-2003, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (pennies_hatchie)

why would you do that to a new car? just by something with power already
Old 02-27-2003, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (vtecvoodoo)

yeah....waste of $$$ in my book....why not NAWWWWWWWWSSSS!!!! 2 big bottles of it...that should be enough *****....right Ryan???
Old 02-27-2003, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't buy it.

Day in and day out I regret buying OBDII or newer Honda's.

Purchase a 95 or older (SAVE MONEY!!!)

IMO, find a 91 CRX SI and save a shitload. What's easier to afford? A new 15,000 dollar car or an older 1,500 dollar car?

How long will it take you to pay off the car? The CRX.....1 year max.
The new Civic......4 years.

3 years of no car payments gives you more than enough money for a killer suspension, engine and brakes.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (Spade)

stop being a cheap skate, stop giving cornball excuses. Who the hell wants to role in a old civic. he buys a new car and he wont have any problems with it that saves money too. youre probably some broke a$$ cornball.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:10 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (EK9Civic)

You must have money to be wanting a swap on a new car. Well you can actually put a DC5R or EP3R engine in one a new civic coupe. Hasport has mad it possible but it is cost a sh*t load of cash. I think it was in one of the Honda Tunning magazines and if I remember right, they said it will cost around $12000 to $15000 for everything but not sure.
yeah and DC5 motors go for about $8500 bucks...so spending $26,000 on a civic Si to run 14's...yeah thats real smart
Old 02-27-2003, 02:11 PM
Trial User

exactly.... took the words right outta my mouth
Old 02-27-2003, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (D17 MoNsTeR)

stop being a cheap skate, stop giving cornball excuses. Who the hell wants to role in a old civic. he buys a new car and he wont have any problems with it that saves money too. youre probably some broke a$$ cornball.
ok dude you need to step off. He is in no way being a cheap skate he is just giving him other options. If he were to go with the new car, not only would he be broke but after the car and 15,000 more he would still be slow. You take a 1,500 crx buy a swap and a few bolt ons and after about 5-6 grand total you are pretty damn quick. In the end it is still the other guys choice, nobody flamed you to begin with so you don't need to be flaming others who make suggestions to him.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (D17 MoNsTeR)

LoL. *yawn*
He mentioned that he won't be able to afford a high performing car, therefore I directed the post in that direction.

Otherwise, Hasport makes a kit to swap the K series engine into 01+ civics.

Take 12,000 buy the kit and a JDM ITR motor (Yes, the RSX is called an Integra in Japan still) and swap that. OH WAIT, those aren't legal in the states yet. Nevermind, swap a RSX-S engine.

Total = 25-26,000 dollar 14 second car that can only go strait.

BTW, I am broke. Spending 1,200 a month on cars will do that to you.

EDIT: one more thing. The CRV is not legal, either so you really can only do a SI or a RSX engine. Since the engines have to be the same year as the chasis or newer.

[Modified by Spade, 3:22 PM 2/27/2003]
Old 02-27-2003, 02:32 PM

There's actually plenty of us rolling (not role) in "old" Civics for the very reasons that Spade kindly pointed out. This may come as some kind of tremendous shock to you, but not everyone who mods a Civic does so to look "cool" as we're cruising the "strip", or to bump mAd pHaT oFf dA HizZlE fO sHiZzlE bAsS yO to complement our rolling neon display. :rollseyes:

Some of us enjoy performance, and tune our cars correspondingly. And just in case it slipped your attention, this website is honda- tech.com. If you want to read about "cool" body kits, altezza & neon installs, and how to look fast; to have style without any corresponding substance, I strongly reccommend you check out http://www.clubsi.com I'm sure you'd fit right in over there...
Old 02-27-2003, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (uncivilCivicinprogress)

what im trying to say is be different... buy something different and hook it up . sure its gonna cost alot, but what rare thing doesnt.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You get my vote for the "Dumbass Newbie of The Year Award" Who is the right mind would go out and buy a brand new 2003 civic and do a swap to it? I guess you would. Call the fire dept.... cuz your bought to get lit up.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:49 PM
Don't Trust Anyone

Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (CRX_VTEC)

SR20DET yO!
Old 02-27-2003, 02:49 PM

what im trying to say is be different... buy something different and hook it up . sure its gonna cost alot, but what rare thing doesnt.
Well, if you're trying to be different, a CiViC is not the best place to start......
Old 02-27-2003, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (CRX_VTEC)

yeah i would cuz i gots the cash. and you know what i could of had 2 crx's with b18c's but who doesn't have those.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

K series is your only bet- prepare to spend $10k +

and yes you could make something older way faster for the money you spend on this swap providing you find someone or have the know-how to do it
Old 02-27-2003, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (WR93EG)

awsome hyper light bulbs
Old 02-27-2003, 03:25 PM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

D17 MoNsTeR: What the **** did you just say......Sorry no one has money growing on trees like you do......Hey heres a thought, did you ever think that to some people, the older models are actually look and feel better. The eg was great, the ek that came after was even sexier, but when it comes to the new civic si, minivan is all i see. (was too late for the ef's)

Next time you post, please understand that not all of us can have our cars bought by mommy and daddy. Some actually have to work and save for the stuff we want!
Old 02-27-2003, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (rathead)

IMO if you think in the 7th gen civic looks better than the early model civic you got problems. The coupe is alright, but still the 5th and 6th gens look SO MUCH BETTER and you can do so much more stuff to them.

Heres what I would do if i had the money you had right now. I would by a 95' civic hatch or coupe (try to get it mint since you have the money). Then buy a swap, go for a b18. Suspension and some wheels, a system if you want. And you will most likely have some money left over.

With the money you would spend on the new civic that will be mostly stock you could have a fricken dope ride.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:32 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do? (WR93EG)

What an *******.. he asks for advice then calls people a cornball! ha.. what an *******!

Tell you what.. have your friend get his civic.. then swap in whatever engine your little heart is content with.. then come race me in my pos 93 civic hatch that has about 1/8th the money in it than he will have in his.. then when i hand him his *** i can call his car the pos.. k, thanx.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey In the New 2003 Civic not the si what engine swaps can you do?