Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

hey guys a little help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey guys a little help please

Alright guys my buddy has posted a little about this before but i need a little bit more information..i was racing my car one night and i heard bolts and such flyn off..well come to find out it was my rear mount bracket bolts...instead of the bolts just coming out...it ripped a piece of the tranny off with it..so now you cant bolt "a" bolt in the side of the tranny..ive heard from several people that i could buy a new casing for my tranny but would that require taking everything frmo the inside of the tranny out and putting it in the new one? what would be my options here? im hoping someone has had this problem before...if this is not thoroughly explained please pm me i will greatly appreciate any info you can give me...if you pm me i can give you a bit more info about it if needed...it is a JDM b16a swap btw thanks
Old 01-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump someone please help out
Old 01-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1SickEG)

I do remember seeing that tranny bell being broken on here. I would say you need to find another one and yes, swap out tranny parts from the broken to the new bell. Everything should pop right in because ideally u'll have the right tranny bell. So basically u need to remove the tranny, swap parts, put the new one on and ur done. A tranny removal is a lengthy project if you want to do it right. I would say a full weekend of work. Plus u'd want to obtain the specs for the parts in the tranny so you put them in right and the torque and such. Since the tranny would be out, i would recommend checking all the parts see if they're all good (seeing that you "race", u might have worn down parts) such as clutch, flywheel, syncros and such. Good luck, cause u might need it!
Old 01-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can say that again..how lengthy is the process of taking the tranny parts and out and putting it in the new bell? is it rough or should i have someone professional do it?
Old 01-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i've never done it. All i can say is that if your not too muc of a mechanic (if u cant figure out what a wrench is for) then dont do it. I usually do things on my own, but for this one, i would seek help. Search on the search engine how to replace a clutch. I dont have the link, but if i remember correctly, some dude with a 'lude did a DIY. It showed how to remove the tranny. I dont think it'd be that hard, but i think u'd have to double check so many things because its not just drop tranny and put back in.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok thanks man for your help...i dont know what im going to do yet..
Old 01-29-2006, 08:59 AM

Stating the obvious in...3....2....1.

You need a new tranny housing.

Whether or not you can swap the parts yourself, you will need to go find a transmission housing.
If you have never done something like a clutch replacement, or removed a tranny, I would definitely not reccomend you try to tear into this yourself. Removing the tranny is pretty straight forward, but a little time consuming. Transfering its internals from one tranny case to another is a touch more involved.

An easier alternative if your wanting this just to be fixed and done with. Go buy another working tranny and swap it out. Then sell your old tranny for parts, or try to fix it and sell it.