Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

hey

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey

Hey guys im new to the forum, my cars a 1999 civic EX (im not ricer damit)
And i was wondering if getting water/methanol injection would do me justice if i got a HKS turbo kit
Well any help would be cool thanks
i will list my mods at a later time
Old 09-08-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Re: hey (pennies_hatchie)

you cant say im ricer because i like body kit..my car is ALL show no go and i accept that with my SOHC goodness
Old 09-08-2007, 08:28 AM

..i like and was recommended this one. because they said people help...you just hate my car
Old 09-08-2007, 08:34 AM

the only thing i have APC, is those pedals and the Short Shift...and what now im being ripped cause of a body kit...come on now..you cant even single me out due to the fact i like a body kit. we shall discuss this when i get another 5 posts...tomorrow..or im me...its w.e at this point
Old 09-08-2007, 08:42 AM

Default Re: hey (EXryder)

hey man to each his own. if u like that kinda stuff than thats cool its your car u can do what u want with it. dont listen to all the people that r bashing on u. if u get a kit ur not gonna need water or methanol injection. u should be fine with just the kit. what motor is in it?
Old 09-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sometimes I don't understand this site. Everyone has different taste. I guess some people are just put on earth to stir $hit up
Old 09-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: hey (SneezinCD5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SneezinCD5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sometimes I don't understand this site. Everyone has different taste. I guess some people are just put on earth to stir $hit up </TD></TR></TABLE>
true that... it looks like **** (thats my opinoin) and especially if you say "im not ricer damnit" im gonna think your a ricer even befor i see your car... dont go with an hks kit... call up precision and get one of theres
Old 09-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: hey (95_acc0rd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EXryder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you cant say im ricer because i like body kit..my car is ALL show no go and i accept that with my SOHC goodness </TD></TR></TABLE>

You're boosting and you still say your car is "slow??"

Well yeah, it's no 9 second passer, but a boosted SOHC is far from slow, you'll still beat all the typical toyotas/Hondas/Chevys you usually see around the way.

How much HP did it lay down?
Old 09-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EXryder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you cant say im ricer because i like body kit..my car is ALL show no go and i accept that with my SOHC goodness </TD></TR></TABLE>

That isn't rice?

What is?
Old 09-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: hey (Syndacate)

Everybody shut the **** up if you're not going to answer the kid's question. He didn't ask what any of you morons thought about his choice of body kit, he asked a technical question about water injection.

I assume you asshats responded as such because you don't know your dick from a hole in the wall when it comes to alternative cooling methods. As such, I will answer the kid's question because I'm not a total dumbass who does nothing but hate because someone's car isn't JDM - aka "new rice".

Water injection is an increasing-returns system. If you're running low boost - under 10 pounds - and you already have an intercooler, the water injection is going to help longevity a lot more than power production. If you're running big boost - in the 15+ region - and your turbocharger is generating a lot of heat because it's sized properly, water injection will cool the air charge significantly and you'll start to see increases in hp and torque through the entire powerband.

If you've got money to spend and you want to dump it into your car, might I suggest propane injection instead? Yes, you have to refill it once in a while, but it allows you to run much more aggressive timing and MUCH more boost without fear of detonation because of a heavy boost in the octane rating of the air charge. If you're not running more than 10 pounds - and you shouldn't unless your SOHC is built or disposable to you - a great tune and a 3" exhaust will probably be a better investment.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Re: hey (Archidictus)

I think that it's really rediculous that there's still some ******** on this forum that refuse to help people because they have a body kit on their car. Come on dude, take a step down off of your high horse and help the kid out. I think his car looks good myself. I like body kits and things like that, but only within reason. I hate the retarded aluminum wings and the awefully gaudy and tacky paint jobs that just make you wonder "why bother"? But the kid wants some help and asked a legitimate question only to get shot down because you're a douche? Good luck with the car kid it looks good so far and I hope that turbo kit works out for you. You'll like the results. Expletive everyone else that bashes you, build your car to how you want it.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hey (89D15CRXDX)

It's not that you're not a ricer, it's that you're not a new ricer, as would otherwise be acceptable on the site.

Don't worry about people talking ****. A few percentage points down for needless bashing and they'll learn their lesson.

Anywho, I would expect that you're suggesting water/methanol injection for increased power stacked with a turbo setup. You look as if you've got two plans that are butting heads with each other. The turbo SOHC is no easy task, and requires some commitment to do things right, so I would suggest you put off looking into the water/methanol injection deal until you settle the turbo kit in your car. As for it being HKS, I haven't heard of many people using it, but whatever. A good place to look around for your boosting needs is the Forced Induction section of this site. Lots of information there, and more savvy people in the ways of the turbo. They may even suggest you go for a different brand, or a more mild setup, since it looks as if this won't be a built SOHC.

The key to a happy turbo setup is excellent tuning, not ultimate boost. Just keep that in mind while you do your research. Look into the water injection later. From the looks of it, all you'll get out of that, and a mild turbo setup, is some good steam cleaning.