Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Here's my GY16P

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's my GY16P

This is the base of what I am expecting to be a well done build.

Picked her up last weekend it's a 1996 chassis with the 99-00 front end, the body is in flawless condition with the exception of the weathered paint, the engine bay is actually cleaner than the whole entire car. It will be a track/street car since the girl is a 3rd car and won't be daily driven, so hoping that with that in mind it can be build right.

Here's the rebuild/upgrade path I am sticking to:

* Tear down interior ( really needs some love there)
* Source the replacement interior parts (ie steering column cover) arm rest eliminator, door panels, headliner, visors, seats, seat belts.
* Remove all worn weather stripping, and associated parts ( replace with new weather stripping all around, when repainted )
* Get the entire car resprayed the same exact color ( long live GY16P)
* Revamp the braking system ( rear disk + big brake kit up front and upgraded MC, SS brake lines yadda yadda)
* Revamp the suspension

------
* Install engine( by the time Im around to this part, I'll know whether is a B or K series. Lately I've been flip flopping between the two. The only attractive part of the B series is the overall pricing on parts for it.
* Boost it ( if I decide to go the B series, no need to boost the k20)
* Enjoy it.

Anything from the engine downwards still on plans. Trying this time around to stay conservative and have a balanced build. Plus have to make sure the wife doesn't start taking notice at the balance of the checkbook as this build goes on.

What's really peculiar to me is how limited this car is when it comes to wheel combination with that color. Everything I see out there are either white or black wheels that go well. A nice 16x7 +42 black RE30's would go nice with it but we'll see. Pretty ho-hum project for those who have been around the block, but we'll see how well this one comes out.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Here's my GY16P

looks like a fun project
Old 04-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Here's my GY16P

In for this. I hope you make a detailed thread documenting your progress.