Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Here's a funny bug I finally sqwashed

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's a funny bug I finally sqwashed

Hi all,
my car is a 2000em1, And I recently swapped the obd2 b16 to a obd1 gsr rebuild. The swap went smooth, engine started right away and everything. Then I started having this no start issue, where it would crank, but not fire. If the car was cold, not have ran for 35 mins or so, started no problem. If I just turned it off within 5 mins it would start. The window between was when the problem would occur. I blamed the problem on the ecu wiring at first, cuz it seemed to start when I pushed the terminals together. When I fianlly could check the ecu wiring closely with my multimeter (resistance checked across terminals with a terminal wiring tool set that cost me 60), I determined it was fine. Ecu was fine because I swapped with a known to be good ecu and problem continued. From there I checked for fuel pressure and spark. Had both. BUT, after checking for both, the car started againt. WTF. Okay, so next time I checked only for fuel pressure, and it started. Why is it when I bleed the pressure at my fuel rail does the car start? Regulator. Must be. Ordered an adjustable one with a guage, while I waited I just carried a wrench and bled the pressure everytime the problem happened. Rexieved the regulator, and upon removing my oem reg. off of the STR fuel rail, found that the regulator port does share a common passage with the regulator bolt holes, it doesn't actually connect to the fuel passage. Lol. The engine builder installed a bnib rail out of courtesy and it becomes a demon. Drilling this isn't gunna be done here so for now I installed a gsr rail and the car runs even better than before! Shitty thing it's prob all Carbond up but whatever it'll come out. Funny what a wild goose chase problems can be.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Here's a funny bug I finally sqwashed

nice to get a problem fixed
Old 10-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Here's a funny bug I finally sqwashed

I know how you feel, we have all been there lol
Old 10-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Trial User