Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Here's the deal

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's the deal

I got a 95 Civic Dx 1.5 D15B7.
Well it was gorgeous but I got pissed off at my dad one day(he bought it for me) went to my friend's house sanded it and sprayed it a deep redish purple. Well After having it for a year I rear ended a precher, that kills the hood and f.bumper; my sister backed in tomy uncle's truck, put a hole in the b.bumper; my friend stole my rocker panel, and then I got hit by a kia sportage and they ran when I was out of state. I love my car..it was my first one and I want to keep it but is it really worth the hassle?
Another thing, I want to put a V-Tec head on my D15B7, is that gonna improve anything? and What all do I need other than the head? Plus I need to know how hard it is to fix a blown up engine. My friend has an H22A that he'll give me but I gotta get it fixed cause it's blown up.
Well I'll post pics tomorrow(Friday morning) and you guys can decided but give me some input and comments.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Here's the deal (Drachius)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drachius &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my friend stole my rocker panel</TD></TR></TABLE>

if this is the same "friend" that will give you the h22...think twice

second, its difficult to swap in a h22, you're better off with a b16 swap, its a good engine to throw in
Old 05-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

paint the car flat black and get 2 new bumpers from a J-yard
sorry not much help..i'm not an sohc fan..
Old 05-05-2005, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn that sucks keep it though this reminds me a while ago my sister got rear ended and messed up the rear bumper then a few days later i was driving her car (civic coupe) and rear ended some one and was in the same situation your in right now. the most cosltly thing to get new was the hood as long as your radiator support isnt bent it should be an easy fix bumpers are easy to put on. and for the vtec head on your motor read this
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=635580
Old 05-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Here's the deal (b16delteg)

you have no idea how hard it is to find a f.bumper from a j.yard, everyone in my town doesn't even have a EG civic 2/3dr. But I do want the stock style with lips all around.

Anyone got an answers with the SOHC prob? That friend is different btw.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

read the link. and yea i have the same problem no junk yard around me barely even has civics and there all totaled.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe a local H-T'er has some bumpers for sale ... and mini-me wise read up on it , i just recently did mine and i'm happy w/ the power i gained , makes the car fun to drive again

Mini-Me Info ...
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=554053
Old 05-05-2005, 09:26 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drachius &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you have no idea how hard it is to find a f.bumper from a j.yard, everyone in my town doesn't even have a EG civic 2/3dr. But I do want the stock style with lips all around.

Anyone got an answers with the SOHC prob? That friend is different btw.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can get oem "STYLE" bumpers off ebay for like $70 shipped. I got a front one and it fit fine although I have heard some had to modify a few holes here and there for fitment.

Back to the thread starter, not knocking you but do you really think you will have the time and effort that goes into restoring the car? No offense but it can get time consuming and if there is alot of work needed, costly. Anyways, look at how much it would cost you to fix that car up as opposed to piecing that out and getting another in better condition if you can't meet the above needs. Good luck.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:44 PM

IMO i would sell your car and buy a 92-95 hatch and start from there you will have alot more respect for cars that way while being pretty cheap and alot of parts to choose from
Old 05-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (n01stunna)

I'm thinking about taking engine out of my car selling my car. Buy another Dx and make a mini-me by selling my engine to a junk yard. Good or bad idea?

Question on the Mini-me, if I put a manual ecu in my car can I convert it to a 5spd without screwing anything up or is it not that easy?
Old 05-06-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: (Drachius)

for the bumper, try ebay

otherwise, $145 shipped isn't too bad for a NEW OEM bumper:
http://jdmshit.com/parts/exterior/index.html
somewhere on that under brand new exterior parts, theres a stock replacement, im sure if you gave them a call or an email they would hook you up with what you need.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mountaindewguy)

can i put on side skirts without my rocker panel or do I need that?? How hard is it to smoke taillights? Does anyone know about the ecu thing yet??
Old 05-06-2005, 07:01 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drachius &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Question on the Mini-me, if I put a manual ecu in my car can I convert it to a 5spd without screwing anything up or is it not that easy?</TD></TR></TABLE>

....im assuming you have an automatic...if so, save yourself the trouble (and money) and buy a 5 speed. But if your stupid, here's a list to get you started...

5 speed tranny, clutch kit, pedal assembly (from matching year of car), clutch reservoir and clutch feed line, slave cylinder, front transmission bracket, rear l-bracket, upper tanny bracket, 5 speed starter and shift linkage w/ shifter

...have fun! btw, thats just a starter list...i have to go somewhere so i couldnt post more, there is more you need....
Old 05-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DSM2fastEG2clean)

So if I keep my auto ecu I can still convert it to a 5spd without killing my wallet? My car a sentimental value...I really am going to keep it.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:18 AM

You can keep the automatic ecu....converting to a 5-speed ecu is more of a looks thing rather than a performance edge. The only thing that will be wrong is your check engine light will be on because the ecu is looking for an automatic tranny that isnt there...if u stick with the auto ecu, i would recommend doing diagnostics every other week just in case something goes bad like an o2 sensor