Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Here is what I have done and I cant figure out why my hybrid is running so rich

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here is what I have done and I cant figure out why my hybrid is running so rich

I did a b16a swap in my 90 CRX DX so I had to convert from dpfi to mpfi. After doing the swap I had noticed that it was running really rich. I have been driving the car for about 6 months after the swap now, and in that time I have done multiple things to try to fix it. It is so bad that I am getting around 12MPG. In that time I have brought it to the shop and had different mechanics take a look at it. They changed the O2 sensors, and the injectors. That didnt fix the problem. I was throwing a code for knock sensor so I bought a vtec sub wiring harness and that had the knock sensor wiring and after that was installed the CEL went off. I have also done a tune up, and even put in a brand new Dizzy. I changed the resistor box, and I have a PR3 ecu and a PW0 ecu that both do the same thing when installed in the car. I changed the Map sensor.

I have checked the vacuum set up and that is good, the wiring was all done by the directions (http://tech.hybridgarage.com/)And checked multiple times. I have no vacuum leaks and the compression is 210 across.

My symptoms are about 12mpg, blowing out alot of black smoke when reving up. Uncontrollable idle, Idles high when cold (around 2500) and then real low when warm (dies if let without hitting gas), When I start out the car boggs down alot like to much fuel, When driving at a constant speed the car is real jumpy as if I am hitting and letting off the gas constatly.

Can somebody help me I need my car back. I dont have a VAFC or anything like that and I dont want something like that to just cover up the problem.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just to let you know this is the next gen up from your car's forum. good luck though.