Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELPP!! 2000 Civic Auto to Manual Swap Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELPP!! 2000 Civic Auto to Manual Swap Problem

I have followed the auto to manual forum and everything worked, it all started and ran for 2 days and then my car just didn't start. No noise, nothing. I am pretty sure it is the wiring as I am able to jump start with the starter, just not with the key. I wired 2 thick black wires, and one black and blue wire together and it worked at first but is not now!! Please please help When the key is used it turns everything on but won't crank or make any noise etc. I don't know where it is going wrong I am garunteed the wires for the auto shifter is connected, the 2 black and one black and blue.

EDIT: I re did the wiring, still the same, I checked everything and it's all good, I thought about it and maybe nothing is wrong with my car or the wiring or the swap, maybe it isn't ignition switch failing!!??????

Last edited by Robert_West01; 06-20-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: HELPP!! 2000 Civic Auto to Manual Swap Problem

did your starter signal wire come off the starter?
Old 06-19-2019, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 94 sol has starting issues sometimes. I have to hold the key in the on position and relevel the column try that. or else are there plastic parts on the floor by the clutch pedal? bypass the clutch switch
Old 06-19-2019, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Projekt_2nr
my 94 sol has starting issues sometimes. I have to hold the key in the on position and relevel the column try that. or else are there plastic parts on the floor by the clutch pedal? bypass the clutch switch
What do you mean relevel the column? And I didn't wire the clutch safety switch when I converted to manual