Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help with wiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with wiring

i just bought a 95 hatch, i need to get a horn wired up so i can pass safety inspection to get her all registered and everything... so as it stands right now i dont think there is a horn anywhere under the hood (checked everywhere in engine bay, under the bumber...pretty sure it shouldnt be that hard to find if there is one) so i went and bought one from napa, just something so i can pass the inspection... my problem is understanding how to wire it. a friend told me from the factory the on off switch (usually the button on your wheel) is on the ground wire, rather than the hot, that kinda confused me.. so my questions

1. i know i need a fuse somewhere in the line, fusebox says 20a is the fuse but i need to know what color wire it is (i dont see anything under the dash looking like it would have previously been for a horn

2. i have a quick release wheel and hub and there is a random red wire soldered directly to the hub. does anyone know what that is for? i.e. the horn? (does it usually come on wheels? i think one of my buddies had one too) the front side of the hub has 2 male connectors in it, also assuming those are for the horn, one ground and one hot

so does the red wire go to the horn? is the horn connected between the fuse and the button or between the ground connection and the button? any pictures of what the wire would have looked like for the horn when it was stock? any help would be greatly appreciated...
Attached Images   
Old 11-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want it just for passing inspection just run a positive and negitive wire from your horn to a switch, and mount the switch in your car right next to the wheel

As for your pictures try it and see what happens!