Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help with windows

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with windows

i have a 93 civic hatch dx, please nobody flame me, i'm hoping to make this a diy fix it in my garage type deals. anyways my passegener window is all f-ed up, its a pain in the *** to roll down, and when u try to roll it up it doesn't wanna go up right only like one side will roll up and it's all crooked, once u finally get it to roll all the way up and get the top corner to be flush with the seal the corner above the mirror is still like 1/8-1/4 inch of and u can actually like stick you finger in that space pull the whole window out and the stick your entire arm into the car. i've already tried to re-align it with the regulator but it still moves around and i think the seals that go all the way into the door are messed up cuz if you pull the door panel off and like inside the door the window i like not inside the trim at all.

My question is can i fix it myself in the garage, i am capable i'm knowledgable with tools, should i replace the seals, the regulator try something different when i re-align it??? idk. plz don't flame me, i'm a teen workin for minimum wage tryin to avoid the prices of goin to a glass company or repair shop.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Help with windows (kidwitproblems)

anybody????
Old 06-23-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Help with windows (kidwitproblems)

how did it get messed up and crooked in the first place?

maybe your not taking your time on it and really looking for the problem. the brackets are kinda tricky sometimes especially if the window has been damaged before.

when dirty fucken thieves broke my window it never aligned perfect again.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help with windows

Originally Posted by kidwitproblems
i have a 93 civic hatch dx, please nobody flame me, i'm hoping to make this a diy fix it in my garage type deals. anyways my passegener window is all f-ed up, its a pain in the *** to roll down, and when u try to roll it up it doesn't wanna go up right only like one side will roll up and it's all crooked, once u finally get it to roll all the way up and get the top corner to be flush with the seal the corner above the mirror is still like 1/8-1/4 inch of and u can actually like stick you finger in that space pull the whole window out and the stick your entire arm into the car. i've already tried to re-align it with the regulator but it still moves around and i think the seals that go all the way into the door are messed up cuz if you pull the door panel off and like inside the door the window i like not inside the trim at all.

My question is can i fix it myself in the garage, i am capable i'm knowledgable with tools, should i replace the seals, the regulator try something different when i re-align it??? idk. plz don't flame me, i'm a teen workin for minimum wage tryin to avoid the prices of goin to a glass company or repair shop.
Im new

im having the same problem
I have a 96 civic coupe DX
The front rail(closest to the side mirror), the rubber finally gave away and eventually started to come out. The reason that the rubber came out was because everytime i rolled the window up and ONLY up, the window would go crooked, the front(near the side mirror) being lower than the back. Looked hella nasty. Opened everything up fixed that rubber sticking out by pulling it downwards. My window ONLY rolls up when i guide the window and crank it up. I have a Manual window. Eventually i just broke some pieces from the front rail(got really mad -.-) and ever since then i just rarely open my window. Not sure what to do also :/ well besides replacing the rail hahaha