Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP! where the hell does this go? with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! where the hell does this go? with pictures

ok so the last time i posted pretty much the same problem but maybe someone can help me now.

my car is 1992 civic LX with a b16a3, p30 ecu

the motor was actually previously swapped into a 1992 acura integra and i bought it out of the integra, motor previously ran and i witnessed it run first hand, i pulled the motor out myself and it sat for several months while i waited to get all the mounts i needed and a tranny and such.

now the motor is in but it will not start on its own, i have to hit the gas, which you should not have to do on fuel injection....

the thing that is really confusing me is this- does anyone know what the hell this actually is?? this is my first honda swap and i have never seen this before and i don't know which vacuum line it's supposed to tee into, it has a valve on it as well

when i pull up the tab that connects to the throttle body it will start, if i pull it up the whole way it surges VERY bad and wants to stall, when i rev the car as soon as i get to 1500 rpm, it misses real bad and hesitates to go any higher than 1500 but it will go higher than 1500 if i give it more gas.

i am reading 2 codes and only 2 codes, code 5 and code 14...MAP sensor and IACV...i tried a different MAP sensor and the problem still is there and i still throw a MAP sensor code....i have tried a bunch of stuff...i switched fuel pressure regulators and tapped on the injectors to see if one was stuck open due to it sitting for the 4 or so months it sat.

i switched the vacuum line that goes to the PCV valve to the throttle body to the vacuum choke or whatever that is and it started and idled for a little bit then shut off.

can someone PLEASE try to shed some light on this it's killing me!
Old 05-24-2006, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! where the hell does this go? with pictures (1jdmferio)

that there is for the choke on your motor which is normally only on obd0 cars...i have never installed one of these in a obd1 car but i don't know how it would affect it.i think you can run without that being hooked up.now without a good iacv it wouldn't run. where do you have your map hooked up at?
Old 05-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would really look into that IACV code, b/c that's what it soundsl ike it is...
Old 05-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! where the hell does this go? with pictures (happyabortion)

the map is hooked up on the firewall next to the fuel filter, is there any way i can check the IACV to see if it is bad? i don't have a whole lot of money (going to school) to finish this and i don't really want to condemn an IACV if it isnt bad. thanks for the quick responses though guys
Old 05-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

think u have to take it out and clean it...but when u take it out, the gasket WILL tear b/c of its age, and u'll need a new one or when u put it back on the vaccum leak will suck so much ur car won't run like..at all, it'll run like crap
Old 05-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

Try switching the tps and map sensor plugs. i would say that is one of the most easy and common mistakes when doing a swap. the plugs look exactly alike but the car will run like crap if they are switched.