Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Help with tuning my Si (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/help-tuning-my-si-952944/)

Maverick04 08-08-2004 08:19 PM

Help with tuning my Si

Hi I recently purchased a 2000 Civic Si. Im thinking about getting some Spoon spark plug wires for it for my next mod. What should be my next modification to add the most horsepower for my money. Im the $500 range. Here is a list of my mods:
Aasco Flywheel
ACT Street Clutch
AEM Brake Pads
AEM Cold Air Induction System
AEM Cam Gears
Alpine Amplifier
Alpine Head Unit
A'pexi V-AFC Controller
A'pexi World Sport Cat-Back Exhaust
Boston Acoustics Rally Series Speakers
Brembo Cross-Drilled and Slotted Rotors
DC Sports 4-1 Ceramic Headers
DC Sports Short Shifter
Enkei RS-E 17" Wheels
Kayabe AGX Adjustable Struts
Momo Challenger Pedals
Momo F-16 Shift Knob
Mugen Carbon Fiber Front Lip
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Skunk2 Rear Lower Tie Bar
Skunk2 Sway Bar
Skunk2 Upper Front Strut Bar
Suspension Techniques Springs
Yokohama AVSES100 Tires

Si Erik 08-08-2004 08:29 PM

Re: Help with tuning my Si (Maverick04)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Maverick04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi I recently purchased a 2000 Civic Si. Im thinking about getting some Spoon spark plug wires for it for my next mod. What should be my next modification to add the most horsepower for my money. Im the $500 range. Here is a list of my mods:
Aasco Flywheel
ACT Street Clutch
AEM Brake Pads
AEM Cam Gears
Alpine Amplifier
Alpine Head Unit
A'pexi V-AFC Controller
DC Sports Short Shifter
Enkei RS-E 17" Wheels
Momo Challenger Pedals
Momo F-16 Shift Knob
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Skunk2 Sway Bar
Yokohama AVSES100 Tires
</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow you have more than one HEADER...I never knew a Civic si had more than 4 cylinders..

Resident Evo 08-08-2004 08:30 PM

Dont get the spoon wires LOL...$250 for those...waste of money. Oem works just as fine https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

mjrage 08-08-2004 09:56 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Maverick04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi I recently purchased a 2000 Civic Si. Im thinking about getting some Spoon spark plug wires for it for my next mod. What should be my next modification to add the most horsepower for my money. Im the $500 range. Here is a list of my mods:
Aasco Flywheel
ACT Street Clutch
AEM Brake Pads
AEM Cam Gears
Alpine Amplifier
Alpine Head Unit
A'pexi V-AFC Controller
DC Sports Short Shifter
Enkei RS-E 17" Wheels
Momo Challenger Pedals
Momo F-16 Shift Knob
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Skunk2 Sway Bar
Yokohama AVSES100 Tires
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Id probably start by removing:
Enkei RS-E 17" Wheels
1 of DC Sports 4-1 Ceramic Headers https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emwink.gif
Alpine Amplifier

Add:
lightweight smaller wheels
Gut the interior if you dont mind
take out the spare tire .. again if you dont mind
maybe a p&p
Maybe save more for a turbo or new internals

aandDavidsaid 08-08-2004 11:34 PM

Re: Help with tuning my Si (Si Erik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Si Erik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wow you have more than one HEADER...I never knew a Civic si had more than 4 cylinders..</TD></TR></TABLE>
damn that was a big help.
some cams would be good maybe itr, skunk 2, etc

99CivicExCoupe 08-08-2004 11:48 PM

Re: Help with tuning my Si (jdmrac3r)

next step should be b18.....j/k https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emsmilep.gif

blue2ksi 08-08-2004 11:49 PM

oem ignition accessories such as spark plugs and wires are rumored to be the best. if u want more hp go for the cams. thats the best thing u can do but good look finding them for 500. i suggest skunk 2's... save up a little more and get them. or perhaps new flywheel and ecu... not too much to choose from. maybe a gt spoiler, i heard they add 20hp to the wheels. plus downforce... dont spend your money on stupid shit like wires

jerbear! 08-09-2004 12:22 AM

intake/header/exhaust
suspension
sweet rims

no particular order https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...es/emsmile.gif

Maverick04 09-09-2004 07:02 PM

Re: (jerbear!)

Si Erik, when you said: wow you have more than one HEADER...I never knew a Civic si had more than 4 cylinders..

I dont know that much about cars but i understand the concept that 4-1 headers means that it starts as four and goes into one. 4-2-1 headers means that it starts as four then goes to two then one, then they go into a catalytic converter and out of the exhaust! You learned something today. Anyway, I'm going to port and polish my heads, then get a Sun Auto Hyper Ground System, and Magnecor Wires. After that a throttle body, then i'll start going w/ internals. Thanks for the help.

.BigSexy 09-09-2004 10:18 PM

dude, four cylinder engines only have ONE header, and they only have ONE head...if ur gonna go with a p&p job...dont let just anyone do it...I would search around, maybe talk to one of their customers and get some feedback...real easy to fuck up when it comes to that shit....and yeah...get rid of the 17 inch wheels, i like the look of the 15" Rota Group N's......plus....nice that they only weigh 15 pounds a piece

Uncle Fester 09-09-2004 10:35 PM

You want to add more horsepower for that money, then Buy a wet nitrous system. You will be going plenty faster.

dampachi 09-09-2004 10:36 PM

Re: (egcoupe94)

they're just getting mad that you're saing headerS instead of header. yeah i would say just save up your money til you can get some internals

blue2ksi 09-09-2004 10:46 PM

dude search diy ground wires... you'll save lots of money doing it yourself plus it's fun. oem ignition accessories are fine. learn then purchase

.BigSexy 09-10-2004 12:10 AM

fuck the nitrous bullshit...lol.....no need for it in my opinion

Maverick04 09-14-2004 03:19 PM

Re: (egcoupe94)

Well, I'm 17 and a senior in high school. I can't put nitrous on my car because it has to last me until I graduate college. Somehow I just can't see that happening w/ nitrous. But thanks for the help. By the way, I don't understand whats so bad about 17 inch wheels. I live in Mississippi, and I thought 17s were modest cuz everybody has either spinners or like 19s. I only know one other person with silver wheels. It's pathetic. But Mississippi roads suck, and if I was rolling with 15s and low pro tires i would destroy my expensive Mugen front lip.

SOHC4life 96 09-14-2004 03:30 PM

Re: (Maverick04)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=990205

Read them, more specifically 1.D. And as for your next mod, do what YOU want to YOUR car not what other people say to do. Search this site a bit then go from there. People should learn to make their own decisions. And if you had low profile tires on 15's (that is the stock size of the Si wheel) you would look like an idiot and your speedometer would be off.

thisisntjared 09-14-2004 03:32 PM

Re: (Maverick04)

no low profile tires ....none. leave your ignition the way it is. i hope you dont take this the wrong way but you have a lot to learn and the archives on this site are excellent for it if your just patient. as you learn things by going through faq's and searching for what people have already done to b16s you find out what will work best for you.

so in the most tactful and diplomatic way of speaking: search

thisisntjared 09-14-2004 03:34 PM

Re: (jerbear!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jerbear! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">intake/header/exhaust
suspension
sweet rims

no particular order https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...es/emsmile.gif</TD></TR></TABLE>he already has all that, with exception to the rims.

look with $500 i would either get a nice set of rotas, get a better header, or cams

mwieczorek43 09-14-2004 03:43 PM

Re: (bleh)

Check out JDMLifstyles ride. I believe it is a B16.

LockStock99Si 09-14-2004 03:47 PM

Re: Help with tuning my Si (Uncle Fester)

Werd, Uncle Fester

BluSiBoy 09-14-2004 03:49 PM

I'd say either keep that $ you have an save up for a set of better rims and tires.

Or invest in a HID lighting kit, it really will set your civic apart from the rest and they just look incredible on our cars. I personally have a 6000k Phillips Kit on my 1999 Civic Si.

ABK 09-14-2004 04:09 PM

Re: Help with tuning my Si (BluSiBoy)

you got nothing to tune. Your car is a a piece right now. You will just prolly fuck it up by tunining juding on your mods. You need to do something internal to gain anything out of tuning. And yeah take off those 17" horrible. It's funny when people just go out and start buying shit without knowing any better. "Dude you think my car is faster now?" "It feels faster". LOL

Yeah try to put on some lightweight 15"s on there, and if you want to stay N/A slap some cams on there (nothing to wild unless you wonna build up the head). Then you can tune it, maybe get some hp out of it.

Don't take this personal but this reminds me of all these slow ass SIs around my town that people paid madd money for (over paid), and they all run mid-high 15s.