Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP! Tried searching..

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Tried searching..

Okay.. half of my climate control (left side) isn't lighting up. Also my "AC" button does not light up and doesn't send power to my compressor. What could be the problem? I checked the fuses, checked for "forked" wires.. Any other suggestions?

Old 02-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! Tried searching.. (tksavestheday)

bump
Old 02-10-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Re: HELP! Tried searching.. (MiamiEJ1)

maybe a fuse ? bump ... and the a/c button i think sends power to the condensor /fan ... dont know but good luck !

Old 02-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Not to be confused with "THE MAN"

There is a pack of relays for the AC by the driver headlight. Might wanna check them.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (THE GUY)

how about checking the bulbs in the climate control, how do you know the compressor is not getting the power.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Re: (fastwanabe)

the lighting problem is just the bulb... since u already have the climate control out ur already done the hard part... go to the store and but a #74 bulb and put ur little blue cap on it and it should be fine... if u need help on what im talking about use this thread as a guide...https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=661308
Old 02-11-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: (fastwanabe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastwanabe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how about checking the bulbs in the climate control, how do you know the compressor is not getting the power.</TD></TR></TABLE>

because when the compressor is on it's supposed to spin.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are you sure that your a/c works? when the a/c system has a leak and the freon leaks out, it triggers a low pressure switch which will not allow the compressor to turn on. Not allowing the compressor to turn on with no freon in the system saves the compressors internals. It may be related to a relay, im just throwing out another possiblity for the compressor.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: (Hondacivic90ed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondacivic90ed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you sure that your a/c works? when the a/c system has a leak and the freon leaks out, it triggers a low pressure switch which will not allow the compressor to turn on. Not allowing the compressor to turn on with no freon in the system saves the compressors internals. It may be related to a relay, im just throwing out another possiblity for the compressor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmm.. possibly.. but I brought it to the A/C repair shop trying to recharge the system. but since the compressor doesn't spin, there's no way to charge the system. I know all the lines are there and doesn't leak cuz there is dye in the system so I would've spotted. It's just that the climate control isn't sending any power to the compressor.. shitty.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tksavestheday)

You need to take a multimeter and see if the compressor is receiving the 12+V it requires to turn on. There are only three reasons the compressor will not work/spin.

1 Compressors shot
2 Not receiving 12v(this includes relays and such.)
3 Low level of freon triggering the low pressure switch causing it to not turn on/spin.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just hit the dash and the light comes back on.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (fizix_skate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fizix_skate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just hit the dash and the light comes back on. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol...i did the same thing on my car
Old 02-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (usdmEHboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by usdmEHboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol...i did the same thing on my car</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2 Most of the time i have to slam the **** all the way to the right a few times and it pops on, same thing with my light on my gauge cluster. I think its time to replace some stuff
Old 02-12-2007, 01:33 PM
SlowCivic29

FYI freon is illegal. i dont think your car isnt old enough to still have an r12 system or a non coverted one anyway but if it is, you can charge it off of a vacuum, find a better shop then the one you were at. currently 99% of the vehicles on the road are using r134a
Old 02-12-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: (Hondacivic90ed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tksavestheday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmmm.. possibly.. but I brought it to the A/C repair shop trying to recharge the system. but since the compressor doesn't spin, there's no way to charge the system. I know all the lines are there and doesn't leak cuz there is dye in the system so I would've spotted. It's just that the climate control isn't sending any power to the compressor.. shitty.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I do a/c all the time. and a good a/c shop will have a good a/c machine. one that recoves, vacums, add oil and recharge in that order. they prob. have a p.o.s machine. one that just add freon. if they do have one like that then that's why they can't recharge your sym with your car, and a/c clutch not being on. so the right what of doing to. is like this (just so you know what to look for when your at another a/c shop) first you recover, the old freon, then you vac. for 15mins. then you add oil. and then you charge it. the vac. pressure will suck in the freeon, you don't neeed to turn on your car or the a/c unit. unless the pressure is too low and it won't suck it all in. and in this case all you do is run a power wire (with a swich on/off) from the a/c clutch wire and the batt. try this. first (this is the start of a procsses. of elimation) when you recover. if it's low on freeon from the get go then most likely that's your prob. acct. you should first run a power wire first to your a/c clutch before you take it, just to see if it works, and see how cold it gets. try it out and get back
Old 02-13-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: (Excel motor werks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Excel motor werks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I do a/c all the time. and a good a/c shop will have a good a/c machine. one that recoves, vacums, add oil and recharge in that order. they prob. have a p.o.s machine. one that just add freon. if they do have one like that then that's why they can't recharge your sym with your car, and a/c clutch not being on. so the right what of doing to. is like this (just so you know what to look for when your at another a/c shop) first you recover, the old freon, then you vac. for 15mins. then you add oil. and then you charge it. the vac. pressure will suck in the freeon, you don't neeed to turn on your car or the a/c unit. unless the pressure is too low and it won't suck it all in. and in this case all you do is run a power wire (with a swich on/off) from the a/c clutch wire and the batt. try this. first (this is the start of a procsses. of elimation) when you recover. if it's low on freeon from the get go then most likely that's your prob. acct. you should first run a power wire first to your a/c clutch before you take it, just to see if it works, and see how cold it gets. try it out and get back </TD></TR></TABLE>

Alright.. I'll try it. In the meantime.. I gotta figure out.. what's wrong with my a/c switch not sending power to the compressor and the fans.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:04 PM

hey bro you might want to check all the wires behind you a/c head unit, this will require you removing the assembly but i have a 94 hatch and i work at a Honda Dealer parts department.... check to see if all the wires are insulated correctly and also that they are not being shorted out i know because mine does the similar thing and i have had quite a few of the techs at the honda shop check it out and its usually gonna be a short in the wires some where onyour main electrical interior harness.... we have seen alot of the some year models come in with same problem for some reason that 92-95 model civics have that problem... not all but some .... let me know if i can help any further...
Old 02-13-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: HELP! Tried searching.. (senmex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by senmex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey bro you might want to check all the wires behind you a/c head unit, this will require you removing the assembly but i have a 94 hatch and i work at a Honda Dealer parts department.... check to see if all the wires are insulated correctly and also that they are not being shorted out i know because mine does the similar thing and i have had quite a few of the techs at the honda shop check it out and its usually gonna be a short in the wires some where onyour main electrical interior harness.... we have seen alot of the some year models come in with same problem for some reason that 92-95 model civics have that problem... not all but some .... let me know if i can help any further... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Alright thanks! I suspected the wires.. but I'll let you know
Old 02-18-2007, 09:14 PM

did you try swap that one out with another a/c climent control unit??
Old 02-19-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: HELP! Tried searching.. (Excel motor werks)

No I haven't had the time.. It was working fine before I took it to the god damn a/c shop.. I might just rip the whole interior dash harness and plug in a whole new ones. I had the GSR swap so the wiring was spliced all over the place..