Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help with race car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 10:03 AM
I hate rap music

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with race car.

im in the process of building my 92 civic cx into a race car. i want to get rid of the key ignition, plus someone offered to buy it for 300 dollars, i was going to put everything i needed to start the car on toggle switches, i know i need fuel pump, but which other ones will i need? i will have to convert to push button start too. has anyone done these mods before? this car will be track/autocross/roadraced and its the first car i have totally built from the shell up. thanks guys
Old 05-22-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Help with race car. (spoonie_GSR)

take out spark plugs ... 4 of ur friends.... each one having sticks and rocks to creat a spark above the pistons and give it sum gas it should start up ... then no need for a push button ... and if u want u can have four azn friends to do it and then it will be a jdm starter.

EDIT: Not an insult. Just this has been coverd befor. Im am new to this and it just amazes me that people dont look it up.

Modified by jdm_loser at 8:35 PM 5/22/2004
Old 05-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help with race car. (jdm_loser)

I'm not sure if that was an insult or something... but if it was you suck.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Help with race car. (DanW)

Yeah im not sure either.. but anyways you need to have one to have a start button, fuel pump, ingition ( i think). and probably a couple that i don't know about right now... good luck
Old 05-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help with race car. (spoonie_GSR)

why couldn't you just have one switch to give power to all the circuits that normally have power with the key in the "On" position,and a push button on the "Start" circuit from the key switch?
seems simple enough.
Chris
Old 05-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and jdm_loser, you're still a tool
you need to read the forum Rules and Guidelines more than he does.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">8. This is not a forum for bashing newbies, so any threads with the sole purpose of asking "why are newbies stupid?" or whatever will be deleted and points will be deducted from user ratings as well.

9. The disrespectfulness to others in this forum needs to be eliminated.

We see way too many threads go way off topic and get out of hand because someone feels the need to attack a member personally or simply just tell him or her that their idea or car or whatever is stupid, ricey or whatever. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO OFFER IN THE DISCUSSION THEN SIMPLY DO NOT POST. If the topic is in need of moderation then contact a moderator rather than reply to the topic.

11. If you're going to flame, then do so with some tact.

Add some tech info and not only flame them, but EDUCATE them so they won't get flamed again. The forum has seen a rash of misinformation lately and while it is totally frustrating, it's not fair to threaten members or call them names for posting misinformation.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-23-2004, 08:47 AM
I hate rap music

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm_loser &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">take out spark plugs ... 4 of ur friends.... each one having sticks and rocks to creat a spark above the pistons and give it sum gas it should start up ... then no need for a push button ... and if u want u can have four azn friends to do it and then it will be a jdm starter.

EDIT: Not an insult. Just this has been coverd befor. Im am new to this and it just amazes me that people dont look it up.

Modified by jdm_loser at 8:35 PM 5/22/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, you've seen this covered 23-90842038 times? you have been a member for 4 days.. how does that work? but thanks for your reply tool.