Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP PLEASE! The WHOLE INFO! Now I just need a prof.,EXPERIENCED Insight.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE! The WHOLE INFO! Now I just need a prof.,EXPERIENCED Insight.

Ok, after i've confused myself and some others here, let me FINALLY clear up some things, and once again ASK a few more questions.

As you might know, I nuked my lil non-vtec d16 3 days ago with a wicked shot of N20, (Yea i know, i'm a DA. LOL)

Anyway, I JUST ordered a replacement, in the means of more than i think i'd EVER need. I got a whole half-cut H22a (J-spec if that's important). Now my main question is did i get a decent deal? I'm not getting charged hardly anything for installation (which would still be %60 of cost)because it's more of an advertising move on my clubs part. (<U>www.teamventureracing.com</U>) Ok, but here's what all i'm getting:

*A complete half-cut H22a with tranny
*Complete Hasport mount kit and new axles
*All new seals, timing belt, plugs, oil, etc. etc.
*Complete, PROFESSIONAL installation (NO CORNERS CUT.) I'll have to have all my air-conditioner lines and power-steering lines re-fabed to fit around the new H22.
*A SPEC stage-1 racing clutch, and SPEC lightened flywheel.
*A custom fabed Air intake system, all installed.
*Reinstallation of my NX Wet kit, which i'll bump DOWN to a 50 shot.

ALL of this for NO more than $4200. They actually said I'd prolly have some left for anything else i might want to get also. (Header, etc.)

Ok, my second question is, WHAT kinda gains can i expect from all of this? You have to remember, i'm used to the ol' SOHC non-vtec d16.
Like HOW many horses would someone guess with all the engine, clutch and flywheel, and spraying the 50 shot? Will I be able to keep with maybe some V-8's?

ANY and ALL help is GREALTY appreciated! THANKS to everyone for their comments up till now!!!!
Old 01-21-2004, 04:46 AM

Default Re: HELP PLEASE! The WHOLE INFO! Now I just need a prof.,EXPERIENCED Insight. (Dave01)

Oh yea, forgot to add that the entire half-cut h22 and tranny has only 50,128 miles on it. (if that's important to anyone)
Old 01-21-2004, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK
Default Re: HELP PLEASE! The WHOLE INFO! Now I just need a prof.,EXPERIENCED Insight. (Dave01)

The answer lies here:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=650329

Nearly every bit of information you need on this setup to the power output should be found within that link. Sorry, you have to do your own work when it comes to the rest. Quite possibly go to the Hybrid forum as well for the nitrous in the H22a.

What the heck is half-cut? Might want to list the car model as well in case someone wants to do the work for you, most put cars in their avatar, but not necessarily theirs if you get me.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:00 AM
Vice President/CEO

Default Re: HELP PLEASE! The WHOLE INFO! Now I just need a prof.,EXPERIENCED Insight. (INVALID)

is it really necessary to post the same things in two other topics?

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=739590
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=739762

seriously. USE SEARCH. #%(*$#)(&
Old 01-21-2004, 05:04 AM

Default Re: HELP PLEASE! The WHOLE INFO! Now I just need a prof.,EXPERIENCED Insight. (kKdARIAN)

Not neccesary. But i figured someone would come along, and wonder why all the info was all a little different in the other 2 threads. Was just trying to make it a little easier on anyone. I'm just lookin for some help, so jeez, lay off dude.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:36 AM

HA. Someone? ANYONE? LOL.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:54 PM

Come on now peeps. There's gotta be SOMEONE out there that has enough patience and knowledge to share with me. LOL

Isn't there ANYONE? ha