Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP PLEASE Fuel Hose's wrong Race in morning

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE Fuel Hose's wrong Race in morning

Hi Guys sorry my 1st post in a really long time is for help but I need it bad. I got some jack *** to move my fuel cell to the trunk of my car and I am like 100% sure he put the hose's back on wrong.

The Fuel Cell has

Return, Outlet, and Vent lines

The part I am not sure about is were are the corresponding plugs in the top of the fuel pump sitting on the right, behind the drivers seat.

The Fuel pump is trying to pump fuel because I can hear it go when I turn the key. If I turn the key half way the fuel pump goes on for about 4 seconds then shuts off.

I need to drive 4 hours and leave at 4AM to make it to my race and it is already about 2AM. So I need help fast I hope someone out there is still awake and knows the fuel hose orientation.

Matt

94 Honda Civic Del Sol Vtec

Last edited by VortekZ; 01-29-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:17 AM

Default Re: HELP PLEASE Fuel Hose's wrong Race in morning

Anyone please

I am still stuck in my drivway it started snowing last night so I gave up on it and will try for the Sunday Ice racing event in Tupper Lake.

I am on the verge of going out there and blindly moving the hose's around. Would it be safe to do that could I hurt anything?

Matt
Old 01-30-2010, 09:50 AM

bump for this man cuz he needs help. Im clue less as to what u should do. But try researching it
Old 02-01-2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by JDM_Dream
bump for this man cuz he needs help. Im clue less as to what u should do. But try researching it
Thanks for the bump.

I figured it out on Saturday morning. It was a new day.

I unplugged the hose's and saw no gas at all in any of them so I was totally confused. I got under the car found the vent and traced it back to the fuel cell that told me the other 2 are the Return and Outlet. So I switched them and it did not work. So now I am totally lost. But then I thought well we moved it so it had to be unplugged from power as well so I checked the power cables and they are all plugged in then one of them moved a bit and that is when I found the Positive was plugged into the negative and negative into the positive. So I switched them up turned the key and bwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Then off to the races.

I made it up as racing ended on Saturday so I took her our for some practice all by myself it was great but about 20min later some ice fishermen got pissed and told me to take a hike and since the racing was supposed to end at 4PM I abliged.

Sunday racing I ended up making it from last on race one to last again because I went off course and got stuck. Race 2 went from last to 9th out of 12 and Race 3 made it up to 4th for the entire race until the 1st turn of the last lap when a higher class car cut me off in a U turn and left me hanging while the guy that was behind me in 5th stayed in the line and took the spot.

It was a fun filled day. The drive home not so much.

Matt

BTW anyone wondering how to help a pushing Del Sol put the Fuel Cell in the wheel well. It does wonders.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The position of your fuel cell isn't the cause of your car understeering.