Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help/opinions! rims or piston&rod

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help/opinions! rims or piston&rod

okay honda-tech. i dont know what to do so i need your help. i have a d16z6. i want to buy some pistons(vitara) and rods(eagles) which will cost me over 500. or should i buy my rims which is rota gird 16" with tires for 850? i want the look but i also want the speed. i got a home made turbo kit from my brother which he ran 14.2 with slicks stock motor with a chip ecu. what will you guys do if it was you.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: help/opinions! rims or piston&rod (Vt3c_eg)

sell the D.

build a B.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help/opinions! rims or piston&rod (Vt3c_eg)

i would do pistons and rods. this allows you to be able to do a hell of a lot more to your car later down the road.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help/opinions! rims or piston&rod (MR.johnson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MR.johnson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sell the D.

build a B.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MR.johnson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sell the D.

build a B.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont want to. a d could do the work already!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpeedoKing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would do pistons and rods. this allows you to be able to do a hell of a lot more to your car later down the road.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i guess i estimate and i would be spending about 700 for just building the block and then i can boost it with a higher boost and tune it up!

will like more opinions! thank you!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Screw them, D power FTW.

B's for people who need to compensate .

Get the rods/pistons, then you can push it harder w/ the turbo that you already have and whoop the **** out of any stock I/H/E B around...

I mean w/o boring/sleeving 'n **** you can't go all out, but you can still up the ante on the boost more than you can w/ stock pistons/rods.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Screw them, D power FTW.

Get the rods/pistons, then you can push it harder w/ the turbo that you already have and whoop the **** out of any stock I/H/E B around...

I mean w/o boring/sleeving 'n **** you can't go all out, but you can still up the ante on the boost more than you can w/ stock pistons/rods.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

your right! cant do much with out boring the block and sleeving it but it will allow me to boost more and whoop other swap out there. i just looks can come later.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Screw them, D power FTW.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

build a B.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL sorry our weak *** I/H/E B motors cant keep up with BUILT TURBO D motors. Also, B series guys ARE compensating. For the lack of power and excitement they got from their D series.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vt3c_eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay honda-tech. i dont know what to do so i need your help. i have a d16z6. i want to buy some pistons(vitara) and rods(eagles) which will cost me over 500. or should i buy my rims which is rota gird 16" with tires for 850? i want the look but i also want the speed. i got a home made turbo kit from my brother which he ran 14.2 with slicks stock motor with a chip ecu. what will you guys do if it was you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

14.2 with a turbo and slicks?!! DAMN!! My B16 I/H/E intake manifold 99 hatch ran 14.0 on all season street tires . But then again, Im all up in the midwest, bitches. lol 600ft elevation and 93 octane.

Edit: OMG nevermind, the op is from the midwest too. Dude...if you're talking 14.2 with slicks and a turbo....nevermind i'll just stop there.