Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP with oem 00 foglights

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP with oem 00 foglights

I went to install my foglights today but I ran into a few problems. I got all the wiring done.....that was easy. But the mounting of the lights themselves and the bezels is what has me stumped.

First......what holds the bezels to the bumper? Second.....do I follow the outline on the back of the bumper when cutting? There are two outlines though. do I cut the inner one out first then the outer one? I have the honda install directions but it's not very comprehensive. kind of vague IMO.
i have cut out the passanger side a bit but it needs tweeking as the bezel doesn't fit right just yet. I haven't even started the driver side.

Also....the foglight brackets don't seem to go together very well. Like they have the nuts welded to them but the holes on the actual fog light are not big enought to fit these nuts. Do I have to make them bigger? somehow I doubt that.

any help would be great.
Old 03-29-2003, 05:12 PM

Default Re: HELP with oem 00 foglights (Raocorp)

With bezel i am assuming you mean the plastic covers to the foglights. If so, hold it in your hand, the inner side of the bezel, (side that goes toward the middle of the car), has a tab that will slide into the foglight bracket and then on the other side a screw will go into the bezel and secure it to the bracket. You should follow the honda directions to the "T". They are a little vague but they are exactly what you need to do, if you look on the back of the bumper there are little bumps, you need to put a push pin through where the dimples are and then use whatever size holesaw the directions recommend and then start cutting. As for the fog lights they should slide onto the bolts, if it looks like they won't fit you might be holding them upside down. If i remember correctly there are two or three holes on the foglight assembly. One is a regular hole and they other is a hole with a notch to slide it onto the bracket. Slide it onto the bolt and then secure it. If you still don't know what i am talking bout either reply to this post or PM and i will see if i can get you some pics. Later
Old 03-29-2003, 07:50 PM

Default Re: HELP with oem 00 foglights (SilverCivic2k)

pics would be good.
still not 100% on what your saying.
I have been trying to follow the directions to the "T" but they are so vague its almost impossible. Trial and error I guess
Old 03-29-2003, 08:39 PM

Default Re: HELP with oem 00 foglights (Raocorp)

alright pics are on the way.
Old 03-29-2003, 08:49 PM

alright. The car hasn't been washed in a month so don't mind the bug guts and this is the best i can do at 11:30 at night . Here goes, all these pics are of the drivers side if it matters. The bezel attatches to your bracket here on the Left. You have a tab sticking out of the bezel, it will slide into this slit on your bracket.

Then it secures with a screw on the other side.

As for the fog light, i hope these pics help. There is a tear drop and a notch on each side of the fog light assembly. Bad pic but you can see it.

These slide on to the brackets mounted to the bumper, the screws should already be attached and then you just secure them once the fogs are in place.
Left

Right

Hope that clears things up. Lemme know if you need more help. I have a few more pics. Later
Old 03-30-2003, 08:48 AM

it did man thanks.....I got it all done.
they are sweet too.