Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help!! My transmission is spinning, put in 1st let off clutch give it gas, and...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! My transmission is spinning, put in 1st let off clutch give it gas, and...

My transmission in my 00' civic EX is spinning, i put it in first gear and let off the clutch and give it gas, and the speedometer says its goin about 18 to 20 mph....but its not moving, and not moving the transaxles, I called a tranny shop and they said the tranaxles or just one of them popped out, whats up?......And then to top that off what would me making the rattle noise come from my engine/tranny? if its just the transaxles like the guy said'?????
Old 09-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!! My transmission is spinning, put in 1st let off clutch give it gas, and... (ShadowJester)

Get under your car and look at the axles. Doesn't seem logical though that both of your axles would just pop out. I'd say your clutch is dead except you said the speedometer moves...weird.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Help!! My transmission is spinning, put in 1st let off clutch give it gas, and... (Kouki-EK9)

Well i just bought this transmission and put it in, and like a week before i put this tranny in i bought a new stage 2 clutch...its a brand new clutch....
Old 09-13-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Help!! My transmission is spinning, put in 1st let off clutch give it gas, and... (ShadowJester)

axels are bad or not in properly
Old 09-13-2005, 09:45 AM
* B A N N E D *

same thing happened to us with a del sol swap

the passenger axle was not pushed all of the way into the transmission.

look at where the axles connect to the diff

exact same thing, exact happened to us, we thought we put the clutch in backwards or something.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Help!! My transmission is spinning, put in 1st let off clutch give it gas, and... (EGmikeH22)

So basically you think that my tranny is making the rattle noise just cause of the transaxles on the passenger side? huh.....well so if i were to get both of them in and make sure they are in right , it should work fine right?...cause that rattle noise is ****** me up....but then again the speedometer is too....uhmm...its just weird...i dunno what to do, i just put everything from the clutch, to the tranny, to the electrical and exhaust, and intake back on .....i dont see how it could **** up so bad.....oh and i replaced a ball joint on the passenger side and now i got a damn brake fluid leak....
Old 09-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Now that other people mention it, it DOES sound like one of the axles is not in right. Your diff is just letting that side spin. It shouldn't be that hard to get under the car and push the axles in.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Help!! My transmission is spinning, put in 1st let off clutch give it gas, and... (Kouki-EK9)

Well i got the car jacked up, i got the wheels off, and i got the uhmm...**** i cant think of the name, but its off the ball joint on both sides, now im in the middle of pushin them back in but they dont seem like they wanna go in all the way, im pretty damn sure i got the driver transaxle all the way in but now looking under it i think the driver side was in all the way to begin with, but i know the passenger side is not in all the way, since i looked at it....
Old 09-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, you got the axles out of the hubs and the ball joints off fast. The axle should just slide in. At least you found your problem, gl.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:58 PM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

likely ruined the axle splines, won't be acceptable core.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:02 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Mista Bone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ShadowJester &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well i got the car jacked up, i got the wheels off, and i got the uhmm...**** i cant think of the name, but its off the ball joint on both sides, now im in the middle of pushin them back in but they dont seem like they wanna go in all the way, im pretty damn sure i got the driver transaxle all the way in but now looking under it i think the driver side was in all the way to begin with, but i know the passenger side is not in all the way, since i looked at it....</TD></TR></TABLE>Look at the splines (ridges on either end of the axle) and see if they're shredded or intact.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:41 PM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

or snapped off clean...........