Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP MY SOMETHING FELL OUT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 03:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP MY SOMETHING FELL OUT!!!!

Today i was driving normally and i hear a clunk from other neath my car as if something fell out. I was in gear at the time and i reach over to try and get out and my shifter wiggles completely free like its not bolted to anything. so i was stuck at 4.AM in a park parking lot. my shift linkage had fell off. so i stuck a screw and a nut in there for now so i can drive it back to my friends house near by. but the screw and nut didnt fit too good in the pin hole that connects the shift linkage. now i try moving my car and the engine wants to die.i had to burn the cluctch like crazy to try and move the car but it was moving only a little bit but i would have to rev the **** out of that clutch like the engine wants to die and it had died certain times when i didnt keep my foot on the gas. i dont know if i blew my tranny or if its just the shift linkage. now i got a blown headgasket on top of that too! can someone help me! i just swapped in my d15b vtec today and it was working fine all day until now. im using a dx tranny with it for now and stock shift linkages and all. ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ANY INFO ON WHATS WRONG WITH MY CAR!!!
Old 06-05-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Re: HELP MY SOMETHING FELL OUT!!!! (EGPHANTOM)

CAN ANYONE HELP OR GIVE ME ANY KIND OF INFO - IVE SEARCHED AND THIS IT DOESNT ANSWER MY QUESTION SPECIFICLY.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: HELP MY SOMETHING FELL OUT!!!! (EGPHANTOM)

your best bet would be to lock your tranny in third gear until you get it fixed...you'd have to launch at stop signs and red lights but go to your local honda dealership and tell them whats up. They'll hook you up with a new screw and bolt, then your tranny problem will be gone, unless you messed something up from riding the clutch....as for your head gasket...sucks for you! j/k
Old 06-05-2005, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP MY SOMETHING FELL OUT!!!! (DSM2fastEG2clean)

so your "bitch" bolt fell out and your head gasket is leaking?

hmm , i would..

1. buy a new bolt for the shift linkage
2. take the head off the block and put a new head gasket in, i would also put a new timing belt and water pump in as well, seems that those might go if the head gasket went.

gl
Old 06-05-2005, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the solution, swap it.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:57 AM

Default Re: HELP MY SOMETHING FELL OUT!!!! (pennies_hatchie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pennies_hatchie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so your "bitch" bolt fell out and your head gasket is leaking?

hmm , i would..

1. buy a new bolt for the shift linkage
2. take the head off the block and put a new head gasket in, i would also put a new timing belt and water pump in as well, seems that those might go if the head gasket went.

gl</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agread, only one question tho why not tow the car if its that messed up? I never understood why people dont tow there cars if they NEED to. Theres no shame in it man it happens to the best of us, whats a tow cost? 40 - 50 bucks? I never charge that when I tow people but I think thats the going rate compared to a new clutch $100 minimum?

+ My Dad has AAA so it covers the tow no matter where I am at ANY time of the day. Its really not that expensive.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:12 AM

Default Re: HELP MY SOMETHING FELL OUT!!!! (nocturnaldragon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nocturnaldragon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Agread, only one question tho why not tow the car if its that messed up? I never understood why people dont tow there cars if they NEED to. Theres no shame in it man it happens to the best of us, whats a tow cost? 40 - 50 bucks? I never charge that when I tow people but I think thats the going rate compared to a new clutch $100 minimum?

+ My Dad has AAA so it covers the tow no matter where I am at ANY time of the day. Its really not that expensive.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cost my friend $80 to get pulled out of a ditch. Tow trucks around here are outragous. It was only $80 because that was all my friend had on him.