Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP my si got hit i and i have some ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP my friends si got hit i and i have some ???

ok heres the story my civic si was sitting on my drive way and some kid ran in to it right between the rear tire and bumper its pretty fucked up i was just wondering if this would harm my suspension this kid must have hit me at 30+ mph I just need to know what to get compensation for my exhaust is pretty fucked up and i just really need to know if this would effect my transmission because the car was in gear? all my tires have flat spots.. im just really worried about my suspension i just got ksports on and i need to know if there guna be fucked up thanks a lot for your help

Modified by emark at 3:22 AM 2/23/2006
Old 10-31-2005, 10:44 PM
footwork mastery

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: HELP my si got hit i and i have some ??? (markydeg)

kick his ***!!! sorry i don't know but that sucks to hear
Old 11-01-2005, 06:24 AM

Default Re: HELP my si got hit i and i have some ??? (PurpleEKHatch)

yeah i know right any one got any idea about this???
Old 11-01-2005, 06:52 AM

sorry to hear that. some jackass drove down my street and hit 8 cars parked along the sidewalk. they were all pretty messed up.

i dont think your suspesion would be effected if the tire was not bent or pushed in in any way. exhaust arent toooo expensive and why does all ur tires have flat spots lol. i dont think theres anything wrong with ur tranny if u left it in 1st gear... ive seen ppl push cars n around n forgot they left it in 1st gear. hella funnie lol. they go..damn why is it so hard to push n afterwards they go OH HEY it was in GEAR...jackasses. but the kid who hit u. SUE HIM! less u didnt catch him. in that case good luck.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: HELP my si got hit i and i have some ??? (jxmac2o6)

post up some pics if you can, it would be a lot easier to tell then. tranny is probably fine. Kick that kid's *** for hitting your car in your driveway, thats shitty.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:05 AM

Default Re: HELP my si got hit i and i have some ??? (IHateJDM)

if it was hit between the rear tire & the bumper the position of the upper arm could be out of place and the whole rear suspension forced out of place so i would assume so seeing ive bent a lca hitting a curb sliding at 10 mph on ice lol
Old 11-01-2005, 08:03 AM

just jack it up, take off ur rims and look, shouldnt be that hard to tell if somthings messed up, . . . . drive it too =P
Old 11-01-2005, 08:22 AM

unless there is something wrong with ur tranny its fine but getting hitfrom any angle can throw of your alinement just jack ur car up and check it out
Old 11-01-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: (hatchish)

Old 11-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

take the car to honda and have them give you an estimate on all the damages... meaning all the damages "they" can cover, whatever is aftermarket have a car shop look at what's remaining.

Take the total, add a new paint job to "perfectly match the whole car to stock" (and make sure it's at a really nice paint shop place) then take that money and have his insurance pay for those damages, take your ride to a car shop (because it's the law that states that in an incident you are able to take your car to wherever you want no matter the cost, they have to cover it)

Have that car shop hook you up on parts and say that whatever money is left over they can keep if they do the job right, after the body is taken care of have them install the new part.

Oh and might i add you might want to pick and choose some things to add like a brand new set of si rims because yours were damaged from the incident.

Just be a little devious with it. I'm sure you can have a full Type R paint job and possible a 5 lug conversion if you play it out right...

Peace out.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

by the look of ur pictures.... it's going to be like.. 4500+ EASY... quarter panels are pretty exp... since they will have to saw off the old quarter panel and then weld in the new one... then the bumper, paint, labor to pull/hammer some metal back out, and other stuff.... find out what shops does good jobs in fixing body damages... and go there and get an estimate. as far as the pictures are concern.... if ur rear tire looks ok (where it's not all out of placed and stuff) then the damages to the suspension isn't that great if any. so.. in other words... get the other person's insurance info so their insurance will have to pay for it.