Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help my sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help my sedan

ok guys. Not too long ago I bought a 92 dx civic sedan. It looks like ***. it cleaned up nicely with a wash wax and buff job. I want to start makin it a little nicer. So far all I've really done is bought some fake leather seat covers cause mine were all ripped up til i find new seats. Everything is out of the car right now because I hate the old people color that's in it now. I'm makin it grey and black on the inside. carpet, door panels and all are out right now. So here is my problem, without spending a lot of money, what are some things i can do to make it just a little more fun and fairly nice right now. I just don't want to be dropping 2 grand on it right now. before i do all that i am going to do an engine swap first.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I'd make sure the engine is 100% before moving into the cosmetics aspect of things. Though that's your choice.

In the big thing that says "FAQ" at the top of this forum (the one made by me), if you go in and scroll down to "interior alterations" there's a bunch of stuff people have done to "spice up" the interior appearance of their cars. You might wanna start there. See if anything there tickles your fancy.

Also, as per your "drive faster philosophy" in your sig - thanks. People like you is why my insurance is higher

EDIT:
****, I'm a nice guy, I'll even link ya directly:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1998336

Check it out. See if there's anything you like there.

PS: As a general rule of thumb for...anything: The FAQ should be checked before posting a question.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:59 PM

Default Re: help my sedan (austinkli)

Well as for the door panels you can get new fabric or vinyl to replace the carpet-like stuff on the panels. Carpet can be bought pre-molded in almost n e color u can think of for about $150. Some guys frown on this but almost any panel u see in a honda can be popped off and painted. Alot of ppl think this looks cheap but if its done right they dont even question it lol. Just be creative and make it original.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: help my sedan (austinkli)

tan =

well if your missing some parts, junk them.
go to a junk yard where you can take the parts you need, yourself.
if they have one around your area.

good luck on the 4dr.
mine looks worst when i bought it.
but at least 300$ later, it looks way better than before.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

ha ha, thanks Syndacate. And seriously man, that's definately sarcastic. I heard someone say that he drove his bike across a bridge here in jacsonville and it felt really shaky and he didn't feel safe, so on the way back he figured he'd drive faster, and it was worse. So it was a sarcastic inside joke. but anyway, thanks for the advice. I know to search, i have searched a lot, just wanted to get some other random ideas. I've got a lot of ideas already. As for the motor, i've spent almost a year workin on that one. other than it burns just a little oil it's all good, it's just slow as hell since it's a d15b7. anyway, thanks guys.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help my sedan (kojack_0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kojack_0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tan =

well if your missing some parts, junk them.
go to a junk yard where you can take the parts you need, yourself.
if they have one around your area.

good luck on the 4dr.
mine looks worst when i bought it.
but at least 300$ later, it looks way better than before.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
yea, i hate that tan, so i pulled all the door panels out, center console, painted black, looks good actually. all the side panels up the inside of the car, make the carpet grey, got new black floor mats, put some cheesy *** black seat covers in, just gotta do the dash now and find a black backseat, which i'm not getting at a junkyard. other than that, slavage yards are my toys r us store. i managed to pick up a center console, shift **** for my short shifter, passenger side mirror, i was missing some of the black plastic pieces on the outside of the door i found in a junkyard, all kinds of good stuff.