Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help ! My Isuzu Amigo is getting bad gas mileage and sluggish horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help ! My Isuzu Amigo is getting bad gas mileage and sluggish horsepower

ok so i tuned it up to try and fix the sluggishness and weaker than normal gas mileage but it didnt help. Its a 98 amigo, 2.2 ltr . I changed the air filter, fuel filter, oil filter, spark plugs, o2 sensor, cleaned the injectors , cleaned the carburator, checked the tire pressure, and i use mobil 1 synthetic 10w30 , but im still only getting 15 mixed driving. And in my opinion 5th gear isnt overdriving very well cause on the highway it feels like i need to shift up and the tach reads 3500 at 60-65 miles per hour. Ive read that other owners of this car get 22 mpg city and 25 mpg highway. And the horsepower goes down alot when i add a 130 pound passenger.
I would change the pcv valve but i think its made out of iron and apart of the throttle , atleast i think.
Horsepwer is suppose to be 130, but it feels like 100.
Ive got the intake setup pretty much like a performance one but i dont really know any mods ,, the exhaust is pretty wide so i dont think that would make a difference.
When i changed spark plugs , i put in bosch 2's , and i think i heard something about bosch not being good for isuzu. but not sure. i dont know if those 2 winged ones come pregapped.
My tires are i think stock 16's . The car recommends 26 psi for the tires, but im thinkin that bringing it up to 32 or 35 might give a little better mileage/horsepower

Please help, its driving me crazy!
Old 09-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: help ! My Isuzu Amigo is getting bad gas mileage and sluggish horsepower (srv3fender)

No offense but this is a HONDA /ACURA forum, but on a Im sure someone knows something. GL
Old 09-16-2004, 09:30 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

are you carrying your civc in it?
Old 09-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: help ! My Isuzu Amigo is getting bad gas mileage and sluggish horsepower (srv3fender)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by srv3fender &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok so i tuned it up to try and fix the sluggishness and weaker than normal gas mileage but it didnt help. Its a 98 amigo, 2.2 ltr . I changed the air filter, fuel filter, oil filter, spark plugs, o2 sensor, cleaned the injectors , cleaned the carburator, checked the tire pressure, and i use mobil 1 synthetic 10w30 , but im still only getting 15 mixed driving. And in my opinion 5th gear isnt overdriving very well cause on the highway it feels like i need to shift up and the tach reads 3500 at 60-65 miles per hour. Ive read that other owners of this car get 22 mpg city and 25 mpg highway. And the horsepower goes down alot when i add a 130 pound passenger.
I would change the pcv valve but i think its made out of iron and apart of the throttle , atleast i think.
Horsepwer is suppose to be 130, but it feels like 100.
Ive got the intake setup pretty much like a performance one but i dont really know any mods ,, the exhaust is pretty wide so i dont think that would make a difference.
When i changed spark plugs , i put in bosch 2's , and i think i heard something about bosch not being good for isuzu. but not sure. i dont know if those 2 winged ones come pregapped.
My tires are i think stock 16's . The car recommends 26 psi for the tires, but im thinkin that bringing it up to 32 or 35 might give a little better mileage/horsepower

Please help, its driving me crazy!</TD></TR></TABLE>

What the hell? you have injectors and a carburator? Maybe thats your problem there.

Also is your exhaust stock or bigger? If its bigger youll lose gas mileage if its a stock motor.