Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   help my car wont run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/help-my-car-wont-run-944447/)

ATS*Mark 07-31-2004 03:07 PM

help my car wont run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys , so im driving on the freeway today , nothing was wrong , then all of a sudden my car shut down . i noticed my mph went to zero im not sure if it went to zero then shut down , or shut down then went to zero. im getting spark , and im getting fuel to the rail. but i dont hear my injectors priming when i turn the key on . also my main relay makes a funny noise when i go to prime it. and when i crank it , the main relay clicks on and off very fast , so thats what i thought it was . i changed the main relay and it didnt fix it . im stuck man i dont know whats going on . also its throwing a code 22 vtec malfunction???????????????????? please help me!

this is a 2000 ex motor turbo

vtec69 07-31-2004 03:36 PM

Re: help my car wont run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Hella_JDM)

this is just a guess but i had a simialr problem and it was the wire on the starter came loose
take a look at it and see if the wires loose or not
-Brian

ATS*Mark 07-31-2004 04:52 PM

Re: help my car wont run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (vtec69)

but the car cranks over just fine , it just wont click

its wierd sometimes the fuel pump will prime and sometimes it wont , it dont get it!!!

vtec69 07-31-2004 05:03 PM

thats very wierd dude
im sorry i couldnt help you
good luck

ATS*Mark 07-31-2004 05:05 PM

https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emsad.gif

vtec69 07-31-2004 05:13 PM

did you check to make sure the fuel pump isnt messed up or all the injectors or clipped in?

RedlinedVTEC 07-31-2004 05:18 PM

The way in which the car died leads me t obelieve it's a bad ignitor. Take care of the basics, test for fuel and spark and go from there.

ATS*Mark 07-31-2004 05:19 PM

i checked the clips on the injectors they are all plugged in . i didnt check the pump , its a 2 month old walbro...... sometimes it primes , and sometimes it doesnt when i turn the key on , and when i try to start it , it cranks just fine , maybe faster because of the jumper cables . checked spark on all 4 cylinders , replaced the main relay . i get fuel to the rail. the main relay also makes wierd sounds when the pump is supposed to prime , and it clicks alot when i try to start.

ATS*Mark 07-31-2004 06:50 PM

bump

t25hatch 07-31-2004 06:56 PM

check the ign. coil in the distributor. Same thing happened to me, i had a weak secondary coil, easy fix.

ATS*Mark 07-31-2004 07:21 PM

Re: help my car wont run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (t25hatch)

but were you getting spark??? how did you come to that conclusion?

ATS*Mark 07-31-2004 07:22 PM

and im going to admit ignition systems are my weakness , i know we have internal coils ,but we have a primary and secondary? and im asuming when people say ignitor they mean coil correct?

im getting spark in all 4 so i dont think its ignition related.

ATS*Mark 07-31-2004 08:25 PM

up

ATS*Mark 07-31-2004 08:29 PM

its really wierd , i went out and fucked wit it some more , the first time i turned the key to the 2 position , the fuel pump prime like normal , but the rest of the times , maybe 6 or 7 it didnt prime , its like all fuel cuts out when i try to start the car , i dont think fuel is getting out of the injectors . after cranking and cranking i my plugs were dry. what would cause that , the injectors are rc440's , i know for a fact all 4 didnt go out at the same time theres no way in hell.

the car is also throwing a code 22 im sure from lack of fuel?

ATS*Mark 07-31-2004 08:50 PM

up please help!

ATS*Mark 07-31-2004 09:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">up please help!</TD></TR></TABLE>

ATS*Mark 07-31-2004 10:50 PM

bump before i go to bed

JDMlyfestyle 08-01-2004 12:42 AM

Check your grounds bro. it may sound wierd but i had a ground come loose and my car didnt run for a few days and everything looked right. i went ahead and checked everything again. my thermostat groud came loose i gave it one turn with a rachet. and she's been runnin great ever since

pusha2009 08-01-2004 02:30 AM

BTW Please Don't Post Like That. It Is Spamming The Boards.

2ltrEK 08-01-2004 04:27 AM

Re: help my car wont run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (pusha2009)

https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...es/emdgust.gif https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emsad.gif ...thats wierd

ATS*Mark 08-01-2004 07:20 AM

Re: help my car wont run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (pusha2009)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pusha2009 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW Please Don't Post Like That. It Is Spamming The Boards.</TD></TR></TABLE>

????????

ill double check the grounds

Luserkid 08-01-2004 07:31 AM

Do you have an adjustible FPR? and what type of fuel rail do you have, stock?

Take out all of your injectors and connect them to the fuel rail and have a friend start the car. See if fuel is coming out (try to get a bowl or something to hold the extra fuel going) If they shoot fuel then there fine.

I had something just like this happen to me, and it turned out to be my ignitor. But you say your getting spark. Well since you have nothing better to do then check whats wrong with your car take off the cap and pull out your ignitor (theres 3 phillips head screws holding it in) and see if its burned or not. If it is then that might be your problem (that was my problem).

Other then that you have one hell of a weird problem. I would also check all the lines and stuff to your fuel pump and make sure a ground isnt out or something. Also try going back to the stock pump (maybe before you try the injector check) and see if that helps you.

Get alot of rags and dont smoke, your going to have alot of gas around you https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emsmilep.gif

ATS*Mark 08-01-2004 07:42 AM

Re: help my car wont run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Luserkid)

im almost positive that fuel isnt comming out of the injectors because they were dry after trying all day to start the car.......

and i dont see how the ignitor would cause in injectors to not fire.....

2fast4u831 08-01-2004 08:15 AM

you might have messed up your head or block. I would try and disconnect the headers from the cat converter and check for pieces of metal. If so you might have messed up something. good luck

Turbogixxer 08-01-2004 08:27 AM

Re: (2FAST4U831)

Check your main relay.