Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help...my car will not start...but I know it is fuel related.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Help...my car will not start...but I know it is fuel related.

So i just rebuilt my motor( d15b7) and its started and ran pretty damn good. The same night i put my axles, shift linkage in, and finally did a last minute compression test. Number were great but after that my car has not started again. I used starting fluid and it started right up and ran as long as i kept spraying liquid out the can. It immediately dies after spraying. I know its a fuel problem. I have pressure at the fuel rail so im pretty positive it is not the pump. I then did i voltage check at my injector connectors. 3 of the connector tested one side 12v and the other 0, which means one power wire and one ground. However my 4th injector connector had 2 positive 12v readings...how is this possible? im lead to believe this is why my car is not starting but...i cant figure out what would cause this problem. I have replaced the ecu and that didnt change anything. Please help!!! I need to get back on the road asap...let me kno if you guys need more info...
Old 01-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help...my car will not start...but I know it is fuel related.

Anyone have any idea? Im thinking to make a wire for the #4 injector that comes directly from the ecu...would this work?
Old 01-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by curtiss_robinson
Anyone have any idea? Im thinking to make a wire for the #4 injector that comes directly from the ecu...would this work?
You should trace the ground wire between the ECU and injector and look for a short. If you can't find one, then the ECU might be bad. In this regard, check whether the ECU terminal for this ground wire also improperly has 12V.

By the way, my impression is that engine should start but run poorly with one bad cylinder.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll go ahead and do those checks. I think ur right to about the running poorly thing...but um also thinking that all the fuel is just pushing through that one injector. I swapped the ecu but it gave the same reading...I hate wiring issues
Old 01-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I checked my harness and behold there was some incorrect wires going to the wrong place. After i fixed the wiring it started right up. Only problem is since i had 2 positive wires at the #4 injector the resistor inside the injector was burnt out. So after replacing that injector i should be hitting the road again. Thanks for the input...