Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help me start my first build!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with a build

so i swooped on a d16a6 that i plan on rebuilding with the y8 head off of my EJ8.

Basically i was gonna rebuild the A6 head and swap that out for my Y8 head just so i have a running car (still gotta get to work and school, right?) and then fully rebuild the A6 block with the Y8 head, i'm talking full internals, full valve train, new flywheel and clutch, bore/sleeve the block and port the head

and a custom valve cover to top it all off =P

anyways back to my situation:

literally the only thing i have is the head with all the internals. i was gonna overhaul the head and do the mini-me like i said but i wanna know whether or not the manifolds i have in the car right now will bolt up to the A6 head?

also can i just use the Y8 dizzy and do i need to make any special changes as far as my cam timing goes? new cam gear or belt maybe???

keep in mind the A6 mini me is just to have a running car i'm not trying to do anything too pricey, i'm already gonna be dropping more money than i have into the build.

thanks for the help

Modified by dopemandoo at 9:15 PM 1/17/2008

Modified by dopemandoo at 9:19 PM 1/17/2008
Old 01-17-2008, 08:20 PM

Default Re: need help with a build (dopemandoo)

*bump*
Old 01-17-2008, 09:13 PM

anyone?
Old 01-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive used an a6 maifold on a y8 head before, but i used a y8 gasket i dont know if that makes a difference
Old 01-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dopemandoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">*bump*</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dopemandoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone?</TD></TR></TABLE>

God damn...have some patience! I wish i were a moderator on this forum because i'd delete this crap.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:59 PM

Default Re: need help with a build (Schister66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

God damn...have some patience! I wish i were a moderator on this forum because i'd delete this crap. </TD></TR></TABLE>

new posts come up every minute, it seems, what're the chances of someone actually going back three pages and saying "oh hey... this guys needs help... lemme see what's going down"?

a post like this one doesn't usually get much attention or if it does it's usually cause the person's getting flamed...

i'm just trying to get some questions answered that i know at least HALF of you know better than how to make a bowl of cereal.

in any case, point taken... i'll tone it down a bit
Old 01-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dopemandoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

new posts come up every minute, it seems, what're the chances of someone actually going back three pages and saying "oh hey... this guys needs help... lemme see what's going down"?

a post like this one doesn't usually get much attention or if it does it's usually cause the person's getting flamed...

i'm just trying to get some questions answered that i know at least HALF of you know better than how to make a bowl of cereal.

in any case, point taken... i'll tone it down a bit </TD></TR></TABLE>

I understand where you're coming from but he's right, have a little patience. It's true what you said, but it's also true that the VAST majority of people on this forum have no clue about the answers to your questions. What you're doing is not AT ALL common.

I'm PRETTY sure you can use the Y8 dizzy if you swap the plug end (though I'm not positive).

The manifold should bolt up, I'm pretttttttttty sure I've seen it done ONCE before .

Though one thing I'm a bit fuzzy on, why are you doing this entire build from the ground up, new sleeves, bored, head work, new internals, etc. etc. - but you don't want to do anything too pricey?

For what you intend to spend on this motor for a daily driver you coulda bought a Z6 for 1/3 of the price.

??