Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help me start my car having Ignition Problems! I DID USE ARCHIVES BUT NO HELP.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me start my car having Ignition Problems! I DID USE ARCHIVES BUT NO HELP.

Hey guys, well let me give u a heads up. I have a 94 Civic Coupe DX w/ a B18B1 for the heartbeat (DOHC 1.8L non V-tec) and run'n w/ GSR Tranny. Was using a OEM Dist w/ a MSD External Coil, but now using a Moroso Dist. Remapped ECU, Skunk 2 Short Throw, Greddy Evo 1 Catback, dropped with 1.8 Suspension Techniques springs w/ KYB struts. The problem: I was having some dist. problems to begin w/ for example: car wouldnt start ( all lights motor didn't turn over), but then would start on like 2 or third try. Heavy wear on rotaty buttons, seemed it had to be brand new to start. Replaced and stated just fine like 3 times. Changed Ign Control Module in Dist, bought brand new from Acura Dealer. So I thought it was the coil so put MSD External Coil on ran fine for a couple months. Then the car wouldn't start at all after a couple weeks I changed the the relay located on driver side I think it was the Main Relay? Bought brand new, it started. After a couple month's clutch went out. Let sit for a month to save money for clutch. Started car and it ran fine let warm up since it hasn't run in while. Let it cool down replaced clutch in like an hour or 2 in driveway, bolted everything up, checked all hoses, sensors, and fluids. Start car but nothing, all lights but no turn over. So WITH THE CAR TURNED ON FUEL PUMP WAS ON AND ALL hooked hot wire to starter still wouldn't start. So I thought is was the dist so I just put a new Moroso on it, but still dead. Tryed the Eng Codes but no help there. I got 21, 92, 51. checked that still nothing. Do you think it could be a clutch switch sensor? . I f you turn key to on pos everything works, turn to start nothing, but starter DOES WORK. Pleases Help
Old 08-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like you missed a ground wire. check that first. how do you know the starter is good? take the starter out and put power directly to it. or take it to the parts store and have em test it. if it was the clutch switch it woulda worked when you put power to the relay.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: (freakasis)

The starter has been checked at the part store I know it works. I have not changed the clutch sensor yet under dash. I have checked all grounds, too.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: (mericbe)

bump