Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help me plz and thnkx u

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me plz and thnkx u

okay well yea i was wondering what upgrades i need to make to make my lil 93 hatch auto to keep up with some of the local kids and they run i belive all stock cars wich are a mustang gt convertiable that is a 96 or 97 but im guessing thats the fastest car at my school to be honest. well i do plan on do probably a tranny swap to a manual but not exactly sure wich one to get cause i know that the ex/si does have the shortest gear ratios wich is good for the quarter but i need something for a tad longer though maybe the next step "down" atleast from a quarter mile stand point cause i knw kids around here lik to do top speed runs as well though so i wanna just kill them all the way around and show them wat honda can do and a single cam proferably can do or it can go to a motor swap but cheaply though.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help me plz and thnkx u (weemanch)

I think you are missing a few periods in those run on sentences. You have a stock auto civic (if its a cx with 70hp). I really don't think you should be concerned about quarter mile times, nor top speed runs because you really aren't going to "show anyone" anything like that.

If you want to keep up, swap the engine or turbo.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Auto to manual conversion, K20A2 swap, slicks.

Done deal.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help me plz and thnkx u (Archidictus)

your gonna need at least a b16 swap with minor bolt ons to be able to beat a gt mustang. if your gonna keep it sohc then you gonna need some major work. were talking gutting your car maybe go the turbo route a sohc turbo runs about the same as a N/A b16 swap.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:49 PM

Default Re: help me plz and thnkx u (afstvx)

yea guys i know i suck with grammar but yet you also must understand wit that year mustang that its the shittest year possible the 96-99's i belive it went that high in years only made like 230 hp stock at utter most and i have a dx so its 102 hp stock lol
Old 01-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok... if your in school and not a rich kid where your mom an dad will buy everything, I'd say keep the car an save ur money then go buy you another car w/ a 5speed an then go from there. Take your car as it is, it wasnt meant to race mustang gts it was meant to get good gas mileage.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help me plz and thnkx u (96 EX)

buddy, save your money. it's going to take a lot to get you where you want your car to be. i'd drop it and get some nice 15" wheels to cruise on.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help me plz and thnkx u (swappedcx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swappedcx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think you are missing a few periods in those run on sentences. You have a stock auto civic (if its a cx with 70hp). I really don't think you should be concerned about quarter mile times, nor top speed runs because you really aren't going to "show anyone" anything like that.

If you want to keep up, swap the engine or turbo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well said.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:26 PM

Default Re: help me plz and thnkx u (Pat_S)

k well yet no one gets the point its a pos mustang that is the lowest hp basically ever or lately wich is actually the 96 and 97. 98 and 99 were better years and the converitable makes it heaver and slower so it should only be running some were between a 15-17 second run what upgrades would i need to run some were in there i knw my car probably runs im guess 18-20 seconds would a mini me swap get me in that range or would i need to just add to much to the point that it would be a waste doing the swap because its would b just as much to do a full swap
Old 01-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ever thought about boosting it? A simple turbo setup would probably cost less than what? $1,500? It will allow you to make somewhere between 220whp to 240whp on your stock D-Series. Yes, on your stock D-Series. Boosting it, is probably the only option I'd take if I were in your shoes.

Want more answers? Visit the Forced Induction Forum.

There, they have plenty of information about it... Specifically.

Modified by Pat_S at 9:11 PM 1/10/2008
Old 01-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by weemanch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay well yea i was wondering what upgrades i need to make to make my lil 93 hatch auto to keep up with some of the local kids</TD></TR></TABLE>

Seems like you're just following the bandwagon and not really into cars.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by weemanch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i knw kids around here lik to do top speed runs</TD></TR></TABLE>

You got to be kidding right?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by weemanch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wanna just kill them all the way around and show them wat honda can do and a single cam proferably can do or it can go to a motor swap but cheaply though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, I can't believe you're saying this right now.

&lt;--- Wasn't quite paying attention to the OP's question, but the people's comments.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:11 AM

yes was bein serous about the top speed thing though just cause the kids that mainly do that r the retarts but yea there **** onl hits 130 is the fastest car in my high schools parking lot though and sadly the next fastest car serously would be either a grand am gt or its a grand prix gt im not sure wich one it is though also dont question if im into cars or not cars=life atleast for me its just im very competitive though and i honestly hate losing so thats why i basically started it cause i have a hard time losing though.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dude seriously.....your in highschool.....you drive an AUTO 93 hatch.....suckiest motor you can have......save your money...drive that **** for now...then buy another car that can wipp that mustang. when I was in school i didnt post threads like this to bust up my honda to beat the other kids. I saids to myself drive it for now....then when you have the income swap then engin....its exacly what i did..!!

if you dont have the money and think yu can beat those kids eventhough they have the suckiest mustang ever....your little CX hatch wont keep up no matter what you do to the engine...
Old 01-10-2008, 07:47 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by afstvx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your gonna need at least a b16 swap with minor bolt ons to be able to beat a gt mustang. if your gonna keep it sohc then you gonna need some major work. were talking gutting your car maybe go the turbo route a sohc turbo runs about the same as a N/A b16 swap. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? Running at nelson ledges in a D16Z6 EG hatch with bolt-ons (due to class restrictions, no internal work allowed) my car keeps up with (with the occasional pass) pre-4.6 V8 mustangs on the front straight - a little bit of headwork or a compression bump would be good for consistent passes.

And saying that an SOHC turbo runs the same as b16 swap is just silly. It depends on the setup. Don't tell some of the guys on turbod16.com that their 300+ WHP cars run the same as a B16.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:53 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by weemanch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes was bein serous about the top speed thing though just cause the kids that mainly do that r the retarts but yea there **** onl hits 130 is the fastest car in my high schools parking lot though and sadly the next fastest car serously would be either a grand am gt or its a grand prix gt im not sure wich one it is though also dont question if im into cars or not cars=life atleast for me its just im very competitive though and i honestly hate losing so thats why i basically started it cause i have a hard time losing though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, and yeah, if you want to see what a Honda does really well (I see you're in Erie Michigan) check out http://nworscca.com/ and come to a few events this year - keep you from getting busted racing on the streets and it'll keep you from worrying about top speed as much - plus it'll feed into your competitive drive a bit.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help me plz and thnkx u (hades)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hades &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">keep you from getting busted racing on the streets</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 01-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by afstvx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your gonna need at least a b16 swap with minor bolt ons to be able to beat a gt mustang. if your gonna keep it sohc then you gonna need some major work. were talking gutting your car maybe go the turbo route a sohc turbo runs about the same as a N/A b16 swap. </TD></TR></TABLE>

An N/A b16 swap will get tore the hell up by a boosted single cam on only 8 lbs. I have a few friends running boosted single cams. All stock internals just basic bolt-on kits and they run low to mid 13s. Please show me an b16 making those numbers with bolt-ons.