Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help me please some belt came off

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me please some belt came off

i got in my car this arvo to drive home, when i started it i heard this ticking noise so i open the bonnet didnt see anything so i drove home not far by the time i get home its got louder and louder i open the bonnet again and a belt has come off i dunno wherefrom though i dunno how to get pictures up so the writing on the belt is
BANDO RIB-ACE 4PK815 56992-PO2-0030

please help i gottra drive tomoro and need no ticking
Old 04-28-2005, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help me please some belt came off (Farkis)

First off, what kind of car is it?

Secondly, there aren't many belts on a Civic/Integra/etc. All are on the driver's side of the engine. You should see 3 belts if all options are there. The belt closest to the engine is the alternator belt, next out is the a/c belt, then the power steering belt. All 3 of these run off the crank pulley and have another pulley at the unit they run. One that is hidden is the timing belt, you have to remove the valve cover and upper timing cover to see it. However, if this were broken, the car wouldn't run.

I don't know what the ticking is, but does the car still run with the belt off? The only one you can't run without is the alternator belt, your battery would die soon.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help me please some belt came off (******)

is this guy foreign...jesus...

i gave up after the 2nd word...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ****** &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First off, what kind of car is it?

Secondly, there aren't many belts on a Civic/Integra/etc. All are on the driver's side of the engine. You should see 3 belts if all options are there. The belt closest to the engine is the alternator belt, next out is the a/c belt, then the power steering belt. All 3 of these run off the crank pulley and have another pulley at the unit they run. One that is hidden is the timing belt, you have to remove the valve cover and upper timing cover to see it. However, if this were broken, the car wouldn't run.

I don't know what the ticking is, but does the car still run with the belt off? The only one you can't run without is the alternator belt, your battery would die soon.</TD></TR></TABLE>

basically what he said....
Old 04-28-2005, 05:56 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Help me please some belt came off (b16delteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16delteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is this guy foreign...jesus...

i gave up after the 2nd word...</TD></TR></TABLE>

That wasn't very nice. All he did was ask nicely for some help. You could have either helped him or just kept your comment to yourself.

You do realize there are people on here from other countries and not just the US right?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ****** &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only one you can't run without is the alternator belt, your battery would die soon.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Also, if the alternator belt was what popped off you would probably see your battery light come on in your guage cluster.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Help me please some belt came off (TouringAccord)

I'm sure he can figure out if he's lost power, power steering, or ac. It's not rocket science.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16delteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is this guy foreign...jesus...

i gave up after the 2nd word...

basically what he said....</TD></TR></TABLE>
Also, that post was out of line. Keep it to yourself next time. Just because he's foreign doesn't make him retarded. In fact he probably has a better education system over there than we have here.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help me please some belt came off (IHateJDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IHateJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> In fact he probably has a better education system over there than we have here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That must be why we have so many student visa's out. Cause they want to get a worse education.

Besides, your right. Its not rocket science.

1. pop the hood
2. check belts
Old 04-28-2005, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Help me please some belt came off (flood)

I always lmao when I read a post and someone mentions their 'bonnet.' limeys

If this guy can't tell which belt is which, I doubt anyone here can help him
Old 04-28-2005, 06:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Help me please some belt came off (flood)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
That must be why we have so many student visa's out. Cause they want to get a worse education.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not to thread jack but, do you honestly think that's true? Our education system is way behind in this country. On the college level it's not so bad, but college graduates are a minority in this country.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Help me please some belt came off (IHateJDM)

alryt funny funny im from Australia i figured it was the P/S belt how do you release the tension on it, the belt that came off is not snaped and looks fine, i think the belt came of due to the ticking/knocking. and i have no clue of where the knocking is from ill put the belt back on when i find out how to release the tension then see if it still knocks
Old 04-28-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Help me please some belt came off (Farkis)

its a 92 EG Civic (1.3L breeze) pacific model its **** im goin to get a B16 or B18 swap for it though