Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help me identify this piece please!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me identify this piece please!!

i need to know what this piece is called please (little metal piece under tail lights) and also where i can get one...a trailer hitch hit and bent mine thanks for your help! p.s. not my car will take down upon owners request
Attached Images  
Old 11-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help me identify this piece please!!

also i know it is different from a coupe and a four door because i got one today at the junkyard from a 4 door and it doesn.t fit right....and i need the driver side one like shown
Old 11-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its called goto a scrap yard and find the same car and buy that piece, why do u need to go on the internet and figure that out? wow. people ****ing amaze me sometimes.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it called the (little metal piece under tail lights)
Old 11-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its called a filler panel bro.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B16acivicsedan91
thank you^ not so much the other ********
Old 11-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No problem, there fairly cheap new and if im not mistaken still easy to find new.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Integra4lyfe069
its called goto a scrap yard and find the same car and buy that piece, why do u need to go on the internet and figure that out? wow. people ****ing amaze me sometimes.
and for someone with so many "HELP!" threads you shouldn't be knockin other peoples help threads douche bag
Old 11-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1.8u
and for someone with so many "HELP!" threads you shouldn't be knockin other peoples help threads douche bag
my help threads include tranny teardown, engine rebuilds and clutch replacements and HARD STUFF.

honestly who makes a post trying to figure out where to get the tiniest peice EVER for a car.

as if knowing the name of the peice is going to matter. how hard is it to explain to a scrap yard or a dealer that hes looking for the little metal trim piece under the driverside taillight.

a HELLA lot easier then going outside, taking a pic, uploading it. directing it, linking it, and writing about it, waiting for a reply, and then going......

theres common sense then theres HELP topics. this is a waste of a HELP topic.

The ONLY place to find this piece is honda or a scrap yard. he answered his own question anyway.

this is like me posting a picture of my honda or acura and asking where do i buy headlight lightbulbs.....

come on. lets get realistic here. and i gave him advice on where to get it, what the hell does the NAME matter?

and honestly going to honda for that little piece, LOL ud prolly pay a hundred bucks.

goto scrap yard and pay 5 bucks.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B16acivicsedan91
X2

Originally Posted by Integra4lyfe069
my help threads include tranny teardown, engine rebuilds and clutch replacements and HARD STUFF.

honestly who makes a post trying to figure out where to get the tiniest peice EVER for a car.

as if knowing the name of the peice is going to matter. how hard is it to explain to a scrap yard or a dealer that hes looking for the little metal trim piece under the driverside taillight.

a HELLA lot easier then going outside, taking a pic, uploading it. directing it, linking it, and writing about it, waiting for a reply, and then going......

theres common sense then theres HELP topics. this is a waste of a HELP topic.

The ONLY place to find this piece is honda or a scrap yard. he answered his own question anyway.

this is like me posting a picture of my honda or acura and asking where do i buy headlight lightbulbs.....

come on. lets get realistic here. and i gave him advice on where to get it, what the hell does the NAME matter?

and honestly going to honda for that little piece, LOL ud prolly pay a hundred bucks.

goto scrap yard and pay 5 bucks.

I don't guess I really see the big deal. He just wanted to know the actual name of the part is all I am seeing here so again I don't see the big deal.

Would it really be that much different if someone didn't know what the Blower Motor was under the dash? Reason I mention this is because I used to work in parts at Honda and I had a guy call in one day and was doing his best to describe what he needed. The closest he got was saying "it looks like some sort of squirrel cage".

We finally determined it was the Blower Assembly he was looking for. However, If he would have known from the get go it was a blower motor then no guesswork would have been needed.

Now I know there isn't anything "technical" about that filler panel but wanting to know the correct name of a part so you know is fine, I don't see where anyone should have a problem with that.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Matt93eg
X2

I don't guess I really see the big deal. He just wanted to know the actual name of the part is all I am seeing here so again I don't see the big deal.

Would it really be that much different if someone didn't know what the Blower Motor was under the dash? Reason I mention this is because I used to work in parts at Honda and I had a guy call in one day and was doing his best to describe what he needed. The closest he got was saying "it looks like some sort of squirrel cage".

We finally determined it was the Blower Assembly he was looking for. However, If he would have known from the get go it was a blower motor then no guesswork would have been needed.

Now I know there isn't anything "technical" about that filler panel but wanting to know the correct name of a part so you know is fine, I don't see where anyone should have a problem with that.
This is gospel, it's become so hard to ask a question technical or not. EVERYONE is a beginner at one point or another, I still consider myself a beginner. It seems if someone wouldve posted here in refrence to a squirrel trap, it would have become a flame thread from the start. A friend of mine who's height is 4'9 once asked about cutting his automatic shifter to better suit him. He was flamed and was never given a straight answer. All he was told was get a manual, etc. People if someone asks a question, stupid or not it must pertain to something of some importance to them. Stop acting like you're Hot sh!* and next time just help them out whether it be a link to another post or a new post from personal experience.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

People are ********... And to the flamer, he didn't upload ****, he used a pic found online for a reference...maybe you wouldve noticed that if you weren't too busy trying to think of something smart *** to say just for him wanting to know the exact name of a part, believe it or not, not all of us are as bad *** and such an expert as you are. This is a help forum and whether its a question about a part that you think everyone should automatically know, or your problems in all of your please help me threads, they should all be answered to help fellow HT members as well as fellow honda enthusiasts whether young old, novice or expert. You have no right to flame this mans thread, you think you know everything, but you wouldn't be on here asking for help as well if you knew everything, would you? It just frosts my *** how disrespectful some of these douche bags on here are.

To OP: never mind these morons who flame you for not knowing everything. Just remember there's no such thing as a stupid question. If you don't know something, you ask. Good luck replacing your filler panel.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't understand alot of it either guys. But "Hating" in one way, shape, or form has been consuming this Country for sometime now and while I am normally an optimist I see it getting worse before it gets better.

Theres alot of good guys here though on H-T, just some bad apples in the bunch. I try to help as much as I can and will if i know the answer to something. I have been into Hondas since I was 18..so roughly 6 years and still consider myself a noob. Theres a ton I have learned..but even more that I haven't.

We need more reconciliation here and everywhere as far as I am concerned. People argue over the internet with people they don't even know more than I would argue with my own damn Brother.

I have some pet peeves such as people saying they put "Headers" on there Civic. Or spelling "VTEC" like "VTECH". Those little things get under my skin and usually I say something but don't carry on a damn flaming paragraph about it.

For the record of this post however, I am in now way saying I am perfect. As I am far from it.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's called SKIRT (UPPER) part # 19 or 21 in the picture. I had to replace one too.
Attached Images  
Old 11-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks guys, i appreciate it
Old 11-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes there are some very good guys on here, and more bad apples than I'd prefer lol, but what can ya do? I've been playing with hondas since I was 15(10yrs) and I know a pretty damn good amount about them and I'm usually the go to guy about it around here, not bragging, but I still need help sometimes, mostly with wiring issues. I'm no expert, and if I were, I'd be working as a master mechanic at honda and not bein a popo lol. I just wish people would be more respectful of others on here, if someone asks a "stupid" question either don't say anything, or answer it with some respect. No one is born knowing any of this stuff, we all have to learn and it takes a lot of time.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there are valid questions that are asked, but some of the "will this work with this" or "what is this" or "where can I get this" type threads can be solved quite easily, or have been answered a million times. I try to help, but sometimes I get annoyed with some things and tell people it's been covered (for example: rear disk conversions) and go search, or to go check a Honda parts site to see if a part is used on multiple year cars/models.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thumper64
there are valid questions that are asked, but some of the "will this work with this" or "what is this" or "where can I get this" type threads can be solved quite easily, or have been answered a million times. I try to help, but sometimes I get annoyed with some things and tell people it's been covered (for example: rear disk conversions) and go search, or to go check a Honda parts site to see if a part is used on multiple year cars/models.
I completely agree with you. There are some cases where people come on H-T and ask things that have been covered a million times and I agree that they need to use the search function. Hell theres even a stickied thread about "HOW" to "USE" the search function. Theres cases where people ask things and its clear they haven't tried to help themselves first. To get help you need to have atleast tried to help yourself.

For example, look at all the "My Heat doesn't work"..."My engine doesn't get hot" threads that have came up so often here recently.

The other thing that gets under my skin is when someone posts about having a problem with there car(IE: Engine issue)and list none of the key information that people(we) need to help them troubleshoot such as the Make and Model of the car, what engine is in the car, that the CEL is either off or on, and if on what codes there getting.

Or some of the posts you see that go like this.

"I have a B16A, what all do I need and how do I make it fit in my car?"

This person simply can't be helped because no one knows what car hes trying to put it into.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:03 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The only problem with some of these "what is this part" threads is that some of the parts, well, even if you know what Honda calls it that won't necessarily help you.

If you call up a junk yard or Honda or any random shop and say, "I need a filler panel (or upper skirt) for a '98 Honda Civic coupe," they're going to be lost.

It's honestly going to probably be easier to just describe the part. Finding one on eBay could be difficult if you're using the official name too. You might have luck, but I don't know.

Either way, if you want to know what Honda calls it, go to the OEM Part Seller thread that's stickied for this section. Some of those links have the parts catalogs in them and you can look any stock item up in there to see what it's called. I don't imagine most people would know what you mean if you asked for a grab rail either. Some of the names are just not what would occur to most people.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NOFX
The only problem with some of these "what is this part" threads is that some of the parts, well, even if you know what Honda calls it that won't necessarily help you.

If you call up a junk yard or Honda or any random shop and say, "I need a filler panel (or upper skirt) for a '98 Honda Civic coupe," they're going to be lost.

IMO, this depends on who you talk to. If you would have called me when I worked at Honda and said you were looking for a filler panel I would have known what you were looking for. However, I do see where you are coming from and agree with you. I am big into Mtn Biking. I usually deal with getting parts online instead of through the local bike shop. The other week I needed an emergency part and called up my local Gary Fisher dealer and told the guy exactly the name of the part I was looking for. Needless to say he was lost as hell.

I don't imagine most people would know what you mean if you asked for a grab rail either. Some of the names are just not what would occur to most people.

The Grab Rail would be what "alot" of us call the "Oh **** handle". I see the point of your post though and I am not disagreeing with your outlook on this. I just think there were a few replies to the OPs thread here towards the top that were just uncalled for. We all like Hondas, lets help each other when possible and live happier. Thats "NOT" to say that theres still not dumbasses roaming and posting on the boards so I will not take up for those people as they get on my nerves just as much as the next guy.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:46 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

FYI, you can quote and then post under the quoted message.