Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help me dioagnose weird sound after clutch install

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me dioagnose weird sound after clutch install

Car is 1993 CX, with a d16z6 swap.

I Put in a new fidanza fly wheel, ACT clutch, New toci blue shocks, newer used integra springs, a whole front end rebuild kit (front lower ball joints, front upper a arms with ball joints, ti rod ends, Blox rear LCA's, and some other small misc bolts & stuff that were missing.

Now that i've got it all back together when I drive the car and accelerate through the gears it sounds like I've got the lug nuts loose on my drivers front wheel. I've checked the lug nuts torque about 10 times, as well as the torque on the axle nuts, and all the rest of the ball joints in the front, and most if not all of the suspension pieces. Everything appears to be torqued down to spec.

Car doesn't make the sound when revving in neutral, and the sound gets quite to the point I can't hear is or goes away when I'm just tooling along in 5th. I Checked the CV boots also, the appear to be solid with no torn boots ect.

The one Diagnostic I've gotten from a friend was possible loose flywheel bolts but they were torqued down to Honda spec & red locktite was used. I was also thinking bad wheel bearing just because of the sound, but none of the wheel bearings have any slop in them (jacking the car up in the air and moving the wheel from side to side results in no movement).

I'm at my wits end with this car, the person I bought it from believes its cursed but I just want my freaking daily beater & its 44mpg back.