Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help with KYB AGX adjustable shock settings

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with KYB AGX adjustable shock settings

What is a good every day "sporty" setting for front and rear KYB adjustable shocks with tein lowering springs? Right now the handling is really disappointing.

My last two cars were a 350z and mr2 spyder, so maybe I'm expecting a little too much, but I'd like to try to get my civic to be a bit more responsive. Right now it feels almost unsafe... When I take a sharp turn it feels like the front end moves then the rest of the car grudgingly follows.

Anyways, the settings are 1 to 8 with 1 being softest and 8 being the stiffest. Suggestions?

Oh yes and also, the car has some kind of camber correction in the back. And oem sway bars. I'm no suspension guru, but I'd really like to feel more sure about my setup.

Thanks for any help,
Jason
Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help with KYB AGX adjustable shock settings (JasinC19)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JasinC19 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is a good every day "sporty" setting for front and rear KYB adjustable shocks with tein lowering springs? Right now the handling is really disappointing.

My last two cars were a 350z and mr2 spyder, so maybe I'm expecting a little too much, but I'd like to try to get my civic to be a bit more responsive. Right now it feels almost unsafe... When I take a sharp turn it feels like the front end moves then the rest of the car grudgingly follows.

Anyways, the settings are 1 to 8 with 1 being softest and 8 being the stiffest. Suggestions?

Oh yes and also, the car has some kind of camber correction in the back. And oem sway bars. I'm no suspension guru, but I'd really like to feel more sure about my setup.

Thanks for any help,
Jason</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have the AGX's and there not a bad shock at all. The ride really smooth and handling is okay. I do get alot of body roll though. i would set it at 2-3 in the front and 1-2 in the rear. For my setup, the shocks are only 4 click adj in front and 8 clicks adj in the rear. When i first got these shocks i had them at 1 all around, they rode almost like stock...
Old 05-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help with KYB AGX adjustable shock settings (bmoua)

Yeah I def. get too much body roll... and the car is a pretty low, so hard turns + bumps = rubbing. Living in Philly sucks sometimes lol.

But I think you're right, they're only 1-4 in front and 1-8 in the back. So how does that work then? Does 1 in front = same stiffness as 1 in the back?

In other words 1-4 in the front is the same stiffness as 1-4 in the rear, but the rear you have 5-8, in essence making the rears 2x stiffer than the fronts.

Jason
Old 05-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JasinC19 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah I def. get too much body roll... and the car is a pretty low, so hard turns + bumps = rubbing. Living in Philly sucks sometimes lol.

But I think you're right, they're only 1-4 in front and 1-8 in the back. So how does that work then? Does 1 in front = same stiffness as 1 in the back?

In other words 1-4 in the front is the same stiffness as 1-4 in the rear, but the rear you have 5-8, in essence making the rears 2x stiffer than the fronts.

Jason</TD></TR></TABLE>

honestly i'm not sure bro, im guessing setting the shocks at 2 up front you should set the rears to at least 3-4 to equal the stiffness...i've tried messing with the stiffness and i like the front to be a little bit stiffer than the rears.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:55 AM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: Help with KYB AGX adjustable shock settings (bmoua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've tried messing with the stiffness and i like the front to be a little bit stiffer than the rears. </TD></TR></TABLE>

....I prefer the back to be more stiff than the front since front wheel drive cars already handle like sacks of dicks and the front is stiff enough.

I don't remember what mine are set on.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have mine set at 2 in the front and 5 in back. suits me just fine for daily driving.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:55 AM

i got mine set at 4 in the front and 7 in the back and it handles really well
Old 05-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if u want better handling, i'd get rid of those tein springs for some h&r or neuspeed springs or even ground controls but those are a lil bit more.