Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help identify 93 civic part - metal piece that lifts window up and down

Old 11-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Help identify 93 civic part - metal piece that lifts window up and down

So my window keeps popping out of track and i finally know why. The metal peice that is bolted on to the window is bent. THe metal peice that lifts the windows up and down. I need to replace it and i need help identifying what the part is called so i can buy it and replace it. If anyone know where i can find it cheap that would be real helpful too, but i mainly need help identifying the part so i can google it. THanks in advance and thanks again to all the people who helped me in past postings!!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Need help identifying part 93 civic

Its called a window regulator.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94EG8
Its called a window regulator.
THank you for the swift reply That is exactly what i need =D. Now if anyone knows where i can find one for lower than 40 dollars would be awesome.!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts

It's also called a window actuator.
..and I'd check eBay. I'd also check that yours can't be repaired. It's odd for them to break.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DeSchlong
..and I'd check eBay. I'd also check that yours can't be repaired. It's odd for them to break.
why cant it be repaired? I messed it up because when my window poped out of track i kept rolling it down and rolling it up forcing it when itis stuck. =/
Old 11-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts

My bad. Confusing sentence structure. To clarify: "I'd also check that yours can just be repaired." (ie., instead of replaced)
Old 11-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mylinh
THank you for the swift reply That is exactly what i need =D. Now if anyone knows where i can find one for lower than 40 dollars would be awesome.!!!
I see you are from Portland. Try calling Foster auto parts. They are on the east side.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is this a rippoff i found one on ebay for 100 dollars shipped.... with motor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...Q5fAccessories
Old 11-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is this a rippoff i found one on ebay for 100 dollars shipped.... with motor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...Q5fAccessories
If you can varify if the Del sol power window regulators are the same (i think they are) then I have both sides that you can have. Hopefully somebody can chime in to as if they are the same. I'll have to find a way to test them as they were gave to me from a guy a got an engine from. But if all that works out you can have them just pay to ship.

Last edited by Zen Chameleon; 11-06-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DeSchlong
What are you nuts, Everyone knows the regulators in any 92-00 civic are crap, They dont exactly "break" but they sure as hell bend all of the time. Even the window guides bend.

Id just go on majestic honda and order an OEM one. Its like 70 dollars.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Zen Chameleon
If you can varify if the Del sol power window regulators are the same (i think they are) then I have both sides that you can have. Hopefully somebody can chime in to as if they are the same. I'll have to find a way to test them as they were gave to me from a guy a got an engine from. But if all that works out you can have them just pay to ship.
how nice of u does anyone know if they are the same?????? this nice man is going to give me them for free!!! O.O
Old 11-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Seagull Management

how nice of u does anyone know if they are the same?????? this nice man is going to give me them for free!!! O.O
Don't know if they're the same, but if its a coupe with power windows '94 - '01 Integra window regulators are interchangeable (personally tested & confirmed)
Old 11-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help identify 93 civic part - metal piece that lifts window up and down

Well Majestic Honda is showing me different part numbers for the ones I guess they still have in stock or whatever. So we could assume from this that they all are a little different?
Old 11-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Seagull Management

Default Re: Help identify 93 civic part - metal piece that lifts window up and down

Originally Posted by Zen Chameleon
Well Majestic Honda is showing me different part numbers for the ones I guess they still have in stock or whatever. So we could assume from this that they all are a little different?
For Del Sol or Integra? I know the civic and integra regulators have a different part number but I have no idea why, I personally test fitted one in a coupe/hatch door and it lines up perfectly, plug for the motor is a direct plug in on the civic door harness as well. The Del Sol I really have no idea about. OP if someone is going to give you regulators for free, get them and try them, you don't really have anything to loose, also please tell use if they fit, would be nice to know one way or the other.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94EG8
For Del Sol or Integra? I know the civic and integra regulators have a different part number but I have no idea why, I personally test fitted one in a coupe/hatch door and it lines up perfectly, plug for the motor is a direct plug in on the civic door harness as well. The Del Sol I really have no idea about. OP if someone is going to give you regulators for free, get them and try them, you don't really have anything to loose, also please tell use if they fit, would be nice to know one way or the other.
Yeah, I was looking at civic and sol. but even some of the civic PNs were different. I don't really know how true of a test that is lol.
There are four pins inside the plug, is there a way i can jump them to see if they work? They were given to me so I really have no way to know if they even work.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can not find any support for this idea, the Teg/civic combo I can. I think where ppl (including me) thought they could match is due to the wording "Honda Civic Del Sol", but thats prolly about the gist of it.

Sorry OP, I was trying to get a write off on my taxes for this year and all but not so lucky this time . I would have looked last night but I was at work and blocked from almost everything but H-T

Good Luck, sorry I couldn't have been more help