Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help!!! iacv will not turn off

Old 05-18-2019, 02:50 PM
Trial User

Default Help!!! iacv will not turn off

94 Del sol 1.6 vtec d16z6. When I turn the car off the iacv makes a humming noise, itís engaged, eventually draining battery. Also iacv is causing other problems..
car idles high, then dies
sometimes runs fine for a while while driving, then suddenly dies, starts right back up, then dies. Then runs just fine for a short time then dies. Itís unpredictable. Every time it dies or car is turned off the iacv stay on, it makes the humming noise.
Code 10, 20 and 6
Have tried, new ECU, alternator, checked vacuum, ground wires.
i need help as to why this is happening. Itís my 16yr old daughters car and obviously needs to be reliable.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:52 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Help!!! iacv will not turn off

Oh yea, any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-18-2019, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You have wiring issues. None of the codes that you have listed correspond to the IACV, so I suggest you test those circuits and repair them first and THEN focus on the IACV. The fact that you have an ELD (20) code suggests that you are getting power somewhere that should be a ground or visa-versa. Until you can sort it out, you may have to unplug the IACV each time you turn off the car to keep the battery from braining.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:44 AM
Trial User

Yea, understand. Currently canít allow her to drive car because it wonít consistently stay running. But yes, track down the wiring issue.
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: