Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help, I need a warrenty quesion answered.

Old 07-14-2001, 08:27 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, I need a warrenty quesion answered.

My car is lowered, i/h/e just to let you know. My car grinds when going into fifth. I think it is a syncro but since I have that stuff on my car, I was wondering if the dealer would cover that under warrenty? I got screwed big time with my old Eclipse when the tranny went. I know that a lot of Si's have had syncro problems in third or fifth. I need some help on what I should do. Thanks
Old 07-14-2001, 09:52 PM
New User

Default Re: Help, I need a warrenty quesion answered. (00 turbosi)

who knows honda (or anyother dealer for that matter) like to dick ppl around it sucks!! u might wanna put ur stock stuff back on just to make sure. but if u wanna risk it just go in and ask but remember they will note that u have that stuff on ur car so if anything else happens u will get it up the ..................
Old 07-15-2001, 06:39 AM
New User

Well, I have i/h/e and a CM Stage III clutch. I brought in my Si due to some electrical problems and the warrenty covered the repairs. Hell, when I bought the car, it had the CAI on it and they said it was covered under the warrenty!
Old 07-15-2001, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help, I need a warrenty quesion answered. (Paisan)

If Anything, They are going to Burn you for the Clutch. They will say that the "Race-Clutch" has caused undo stress on the Transmission (They are Probably Right). Don't take it in there for a tranny Problem with the Cm Clutch on it.

Suprdave
Old 07-15-2001, 02:44 PM
New User

Default Re: Help, I need a warrenty quesion answered. (Suprdave)

I have a factory clutch on the car. I have been to the dealer a lot just because I know some people in the parts department. I am just afraid that they will say because I have an i/h/e on the car, that it isn't warrentiable because of the aftermarket parts. That is how I got screwed on my eclipse. Si's are known for the syncro problem right? That is what I've heard
Old 07-16-2001, 12:35 PM

If your dealership is worth a damn- they should help you out. I don't know many people who are slamming 5th gear and your add-ons should not affect warranty coverage. If they give you trouble-talk to the service manager- if they don't help you- you can call honda. Most likely the service dept. won't want to do it under warranty because it won't pay very well- I will look in my service bulletins to see if there is a 5th synchro problem- I know the preludes had a bulletin and the S2000's have a bulletin for 1-2 grind- but I'm not sure about Si. If it was 2nd gear- I would say you are out of luck.
Old 07-16-2001, 01:32 PM
New User

Default Re: Help, I need a warrenty quesion answered. (fixhondas)

the SI is know to have bad 2nd gear syncros...its a factory defect....this is what my friend who is a mechanic at our local honda dealership tells me....but anyways...your best bet is to put the car back to stock...spend the time to do it rather than get stuck not being covered by your warrenty....

by the way....if your car is turbo....how do u have headers??????? just outta curiousity...im looking at your name and your quote there....
Old 07-16-2001, 02:49 PM
New User

Default Re: Help, I need a warrenty quesion answered. (eglover)

My turbo is being used as a door stop right now actually. I was waiting for someone to say something but no one caught on. Good Job.