Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP! got the compression tester with the tube stuck in the plug hole!

Old 08-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! got the compression tester with the tube stuck in the plug hole!

so i got to run a compression test on my car and get the tester in the 1st hole, maybe a little too tight so when i go to remove it the plug part and the tube extension thing are all stuck in there. i read some things on similar problems and am warming up my engine right now. i tired to lube it up with a little wd40 and a cap of oil but so far nothing, the tube just twists and the nozzle sticks in there. anyone have any suggestions on how i should get this out? could i take it to a shop and maybe they have a good way of getting it out? any help is appriciated!
Old 08-17-2003, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! got the compression tester with the tube stuck in the plug hole! (tek_civic)

Ohh fun, I did the same exact thing im my pimp geo prism. My extension thing was hex so i was able to stick a socket into it and twist it out. If your motor was warm it might have expanded the head which let you spin the expension in farther and once the head cooled down it couldve tightened down on the extension thing. So if you can either think of a way to make the head hot or the extension cold that might loosen it up enough.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! got the compression tester with the tube stuck in the plug hole! (aw1234dude)

whew. ya it scared the **** outta me, but i got it out safely. what i did was pour a little oil in on top of the attachment thing then let the car warm up for like 15min until it was good and hot(on 3 cyl) then i took some vicegrip pliars clamped down on the end and twisted it to ****. after i thought it wasn't gonna go it finally popped and then unscrewed nicely. learning my lesson i lubed up the threads with oil and just put it in snugly for the next cylinders.

on a side note my compression was a flat 180 all across the board. i poured a little oil in a cyl and it then read 210-220 so i think my rings might just be getting old, heh gives me an excuse to rebuild it. i have a b16 sirII turbo for your info.