Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help with a funky clutch problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with a funky clutch problem?

So my buddy has a LS swapped CX hatch. We dropped out the LS tranny and put in a GSR tranny he had picked up. Now the issue we are having is the clutch itself is not disengaging all the way. When the car is running the car will not go into any gear of course but it grinds when you try to put it in reverse so it seems to disengage a little but not enough to get it all the way into gear. It has a new clutch master cylinder new slave cylinder, and we have bled the slave cylinder,the pedal is stiff new clutch, flywheel PP, throwout bearing etc. We adjusted the pedal and everything. We are at a loss. If you need any more info Let me know. thanks for the help!
Old 03-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does the slave cylinder move when the clutch is pushed ? did u put the fork thing back on correctly? with the throw out bearing?
Old 03-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It moves but not sure if it's far enough and the little ball thing is seated in the fork correctly, it just doesn't seem like it wants to disengage all the way because like I said, it grinds trying to put it in reverse.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

your problem you are having sounds just like my friend's nissan 240. we had no clue of what was the problem until we gave up and decide to change the whole clutch and when removed we discover one of the spring in the clutch disc was broken and thrown out and was stuck between the disc and the teeth of the pressure plate causing the clutch not to disengage all the way. if you have test and tried all that can be causing it maybe check out the clutch itself and make sure it's still in working condition. hope this help. good luck.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lv6l)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lv6l &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your problem you are having sounds just like my friend's nissan 240. we had no clue of what was the problem until we gave up and decide to change the whole clutch and when removed we discover one of the spring in the clutch disc was broken and thrown out and was stuck between the disc and the teeth of the pressure plate causing the clutch not to disengage all the way. if you have test and tried all that can be causing it maybe check out the clutch itself and make sure it's still in working condition. hope this help. good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had the same issue with my 1st EG Si, but it was an old clutch.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well see this has happened with 2 different trannys and 2 different clutches. The first LS tranny, worked great, took that tranny out cause it had a cracked bellhousing. Put in the 2nd LS tranny, thats when we started having problems with the non disengaging. It is supposedly "80k on the tranny" from the local honda guy. Now it's doing it with the GSR tranny. So I mean it may be a fluke clutch, but they were 2 different kinds of clutches and 2 different trannys. That's what makes me think it's not the clutch or tranny.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dephtone)

having same problem....bump