Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP! Every gear is neutral? 95 Civic - D-Series

Old 12-09-2005, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Every gear is neutral? 95 Civic - D-Series

A friend and myself just did my clutch assy last night in m 95 Civic DX. D16y7 motor, D16a6 trans. Brand new XTD 6-puck clutch, XTD 8lb flywheel, XTD heavy pressure plate, Nachi throw out bearing, Nachi pilot bearing. The car drove fine for a little bit, but then after a short drive, when I shifted into 2nd, all my gears turned into nuetral. My clutch still feels fine, but I can't go anywhere. ALSO I can get the car into gear WITHOUT the clutch when the car is RUNNING, whereas normally the trans would grind and not let you. When I do this, the speedo goes up a few mph every gear. Any suggestions?
Old 12-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! Every gear is neutral? 95 Civic - D-Series (tenchu!)

Make sure the roll/bitch pin that connects the linkage to the transmission is not gone. Other than that?? I can't help.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Figured it out, heh, the damn axle came loose
Old 12-10-2005, 04:57 PM

Dude, my driver side axle popped out on me 3 times before I figured out the problem and fixed it. One of my lower motor mount nuts fell off and the other side was totally ripped. The engine was moving to one side far enough for the axle splines to come out. I thought I broke an axle the first time but took it out and it was still good. I thought maybe it just didn't snap into the transmission properly. Then I carried tools to do the repair job on the road just in case and ended up pulling the axle on the side of the road and popping it back in on 2 occassions. It all started after installing a racing clutch and light weight flywheel. Definitely check your lower front engine mounts. I installed Energy Suspension inserts in them as well and used some long skinny bolts and washers to hold the inserts snug instead of those plastic tie wrap thingys they give you.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:42 PM

i had the same problem just a few weeks ago started backing out of the garage and then there was nothing haha..........Damn axels!
Old 12-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! Every gear is neutral? 95 Civic - D-Series (bob95egdx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bob95egdx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dude, my driver side axle popped out on me 3 times before I figured out the problem and fixed it. One of my lower motor mount nuts fell off and the other side was totally ripped. The engine was moving to one side far enough for the axle splines to come out. I thought I broke an axle the first time but took it out and it was still good. I thought maybe it just didn't snap into the transmission properly. Then I carried tools to do the repair job on the road just in case and ended up pulling the axle on the side of the road and popping it back in on 2 occassions. It all started after installing a racing clutch and light weight flywheel. Definitely check your lower front engine mounts. I installed Energy Suspension inserts in them as well and used some long skinny bolts and washers to hold the inserts snug instead of those plastic tie wrap thingys they give you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah my mounts are poo, i'll live with it for now, since I plan on getting a new motor series soon, so all new mounts.

Thanks for the comments/suggestions everyone!
Old 12-10-2005, 10:55 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your motor mount BROKE and you didnt notice? wouldnt there be a increase in vibration like bigtime?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member