Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP: Engine not running right... its shaking...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: Engine not running right... its shaking...

Hey guys, im new to the honda-tech forums but i figured i would stop by and ask for your assistance. Im trying to fix my gf's 92 Civic LX that is running very rough. Here is what i have found so far. Hopefully someone will be able lead me in the right direction

The problem started when she was driving down the turnpike. She pulled up to the toll booth and realized that the car was shaking violently. When you drive the car now, it shakes but almost seems to go away at higher rpm's. I think it might just be shaking so fast that you cant tell but at lower rpms it is more spread out. It seems like it has a lobe to it and when you look at the engine the right motor mount shakes bad. I changed the wires, distributor, and the spark plugs. The car does burn oil very badly... so much that she would have to check it every time she drove to and from school. I dont really know much about hondas b/c i have never owned one. Do you guys have some pointers for what i can check next? Anything will help! thnx!
Old 07-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: HELP: Engine not running right... its shaking... (mygfs92lx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mygfs92lx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys, im new to the honda-tech forums but i figured i would stop by and ask for your assistance. Im trying to fix my gf's 92 Civic LX that is running very rough. Here is what i have found so far. Hopefully someone will be able lead me in the right direction

The problem started when she was driving down the turnpike. She pulled up to the toll booth and realized that the car was shaking violently. When you drive the car now, it shakes but almost seems to go away at higher rpm's. I think it might just be shaking so fast that you cant tell but at lower rpms it is more spread out. It seems like it has a lobe to it and when you look at the engine the right motor mount shakes bad. I changed the wires, distributor, and the spark plugs. The car does burn oil very badly... so much that she would have to check it every time she drove to and from school. I dont really know much about hondas b/c i have never owned one. Do you guys have some pointers for what i can check next? Anything will help! thnx! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Buy some 3m window weld, and fill it in the right motor mount...

http://forums.clubsi.com/showf...age=0

since you said the right motor mount shakes, i'm assuming it's worn down..., if that's the case use that link
Old 07-18-2006, 02:00 PM

Default Re: HELP: Engine not running right... its shaking... (G2 Speed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2 Speed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Buy some 3m window weld, and fill it in the right motor mount...

http://forums.clubsi.com/showf...age=0

since you said the right motor mount shakes, i'm assuming it's worn down..., if that's the case use that link</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think the motor mount shaking is just a resuult of the engine miss firing or something along those lines. Any other ideas?
Old 07-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=449269

that may help, but I suggest you search I found many similar post

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=979961

https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch
Old 07-18-2006, 02:14 PM

Default Re: HELP: Engine not running right... its shaking... (G2 Speed)

thnx man! I should have searched.... my bad
Old 07-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mygfs92lx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thnx man! I should have searched.... my bad </TD></TR></TABLE>

well your new and admited it , but yea you should find out what the problem is pretty easily by searching

hint: click on archived, to start with..
Old 07-24-2006, 10:29 AM

well its not the motor mount.... i also checked for fuel pressure and all looks good. I tried getting to the fuel filter but the nut on top of it wouldnt budge and i didnt want to mess anything up. the car is actually running a little better. The car idles at 1000rpm and when you put it into drive or reverse, it drops down to about 500rpm and then starts shaking more.... blah.

i need help
Old 07-24-2006, 10:51 AM

change the tranmission fluid