Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help! engine not not running right

Old 04-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! engine not not running right

okay i have a d16z6 with a ingen short ram intake, it ran fine, pull on all rpm range.

I put in a cold air intake ran okay, weaker low rpm, little more high rpm power.

It was raining so I swap my injen in and the car sucks! It's really strong at low rpm but weak at high rpm. i mean WEAK! the car is really loud now at 2k. i was on the highway and third gears was like a pause, it stayed at 5k rpm for a long *** time. there was no high rpm power. Couldnt even get to fourth gear. Before this ****, it was alot stronger!

I think that the cai was running weak at low rpm and strong at rpm, so the computer still thinks that it has the cai. i've tried disconnecting the battery, still the same, then again and left it over night. The results were still the same.

Are any of you guys having the same **** happening to you. What could be wrong? i need help guys.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:50 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: help! engine not not running right (blue_hatch)

Thats pretty weird. Did you install the IAT sensor? (not sure where its at on the z6)
I really dont think the intake would be the problem. You didnt suck anything in did you?
Old 04-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Erm, I've never heard of so much trouble from an intake. And changing from the cold air to the short ram really shouldn't make a difference.

The computer teaches itself and doesn't "know" if you have a cold air or short ram intake.

The intake shouldn't be the cause of your problem, did you suck somethin in like the above person said?
Old 04-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jorsher)

no i didnt suck anything. it runs fine with the cold air but i dont want to risk it in the rain. its a lot louder with the short ram. its caused by the intake because if i change it, the engine takes on new attributes.